Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burka robberies

edited August 2009 in Not Sports Related
The perfect disguise for robbing places, just seen it on the news. The police are saying that the two seperate incidents are unrelated? Surprised really it took so long for someone to think of it, been some interesting robberies this summer, but how do you go about explaining that one to the police portrait bloke, have you seen this sheet?
I've always wondered if i owned a shop weather id let them in or not, on the same principle as taking your bike helmet off before you enter places............
I suppose the next thing is a pantomime horse holding up a bookies?

Comments

• Always like the cartoon in Punch a few years back......two women in burkas standing together and one asks the other................."Does my bomb look big in this?"
  • Should be banned in England. Along with arranged marriages.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Should be banned in England. Along with arranged marriages.
    Agreed
  • Strangest thing I have ever seen regards Burkas, in Paris last August bank holiday, walking out of a large cosmetics store on the Champs De Elysee with the other half, 3 women, head to toe covered with black Burkas, and only the eyes visible, what the hell were they buying, eye liner???
  • I don't think annoying them is a good idea, tbf.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I don't think annoying them is a good idea, tbf.

?
  • [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]The perfect disguise for robbing places, just seen it on the news. The police are saying that the two seperate incidents are unrelated? Surprised really it took so long for someone to think of it, been some interesting robberies this summer, but how do you go about explaining that one to the police portrait bloke, have you seen this sheet?
    I've always wondered if i owned a shop weather id let them in or not, on the same principle as taking your bike helmet off before you enter places............
    I suppose the next thing is a pantomime horse holding up a bookies?

Or dressed as an Elvis impersonator, there's so bloody many of them these days, they'd never trace you.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I don't think annoying them is a good idea, tbf.

?

Ah yes of course .....the pennies just dropped...Ooooooooooops!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Should be banned in England. Along with arranged marriages.[/quote]

Just allow them in Scotland, Wales and NI then?

I'm not in favour of a ban, but anyone going into a bank etc should have their face uncovered.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Should be banned in England. Along with arranged marriages.

I'm not in favour of a ban, but anyone going into a bank etc should have their face uncovered.

They have their own Govts. so they can make up their own minds on the morality / legality of these issues.
  • Sponsored links:

• Strange thing is in Qatar the burkhas are slingy and very form fitting unlike the sack shapeless things over here, Underneath they wear "western" clothes.

As for the robberies its very clever. No chance of a shop stopping someone just because they are in a burkha (imagine the scream from the usual suspects) and knowing the OB they will jump on someone in a burka only to find its the local imans mum !

These guys wearing it though dont it show huge disrespct for the religion ? maybe the main players in the UK Muslim World should put out a fatwa on these guys ?
  • We all know how morally right scotland is with anything related to blowing up the English ;o)
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Should be banned in England. Along with arranged marriages.

Just found out they have been holding up travel agents, makes sence i suppose?
  • edited August 2009
    Burkhas should definitely be banned. Along with stockings, fancy dress masks, axes and fast cars.

People should be allowed to wear what they like, but when walking into business premises,shops, airports, banks, etc, they should remove them when requested.
  • and bags with "swag" written on em.

maybe us "christians" could try it ? dress up as a nun or the Pope ?
  • edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Burkhas should definitely be banned. Along with stockings, fancy dress masks, axes and fast cars.
    And big cloth bags with the words SWAG written on them....

Edit: Beat me too it GH :)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Should be banned in England. Along with arranged marriages.[/quote]

I'm not in favour of a ban, but anyone going into a bank etc should have their face uncovered.[/quote]

People should be allowed to wear what they like, but when walking into business premises,shops, airports, banks, etc, they should remove them when requested.[/quote]

Yep...
  • edited August 2009
    burkas are not the problem it is when they wear a Niqab or face veil it is an issue.

it is a very snesitive issue, many of the women at my company wear burkas but none have their face covered.

You'd be very surprised what they have on underneath, over here they are always buying very sexy underwear and far from modest clothing.

They only wear the burkas when they go out.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Burkhas should definitely be banned. Along with stockings, fancy dress masks, axes and fast cars.

Fishing are we Leroy?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]maybe us "christians" could try it ? dress up as a nun or the Pope ?
    Or the Knights Templar ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Burkhas should definitely be banned. Along with stockings, fancy dress masks, axes and fast cars.

Fishing are we Leroy?
    No - sitting at my desk. Why do you ask?
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Burkhas should definitely be banned. Along with stockings, fancy dress masks, axes and fast cars.

Don't forget elvis impersonators........
  • motorcycle helmets. i don't see why we can never see their faces either.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Fishing are we Leroy?

Thank you, first time i've smiled in a week
  • edited August 2009
    I find women having to be covered from head to toe pretty offensive. But that is with the face veil, not just the burka. That being said, I don't find them offensive when I see them, just the idea of it I guess.

I am, however, all for the ideal of having several wives. Though I'm sure some of the married blokes on here would advise against it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Fishing are we Leroy?

Lol.......
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Strangest thing I have ever seen regards Burkas, in Paris last August bank holiday, walking out of a large cosmetics store on the Champs De Elysee with the other half, 3 women, head to toe covered with black Burkas, and only the eyes visible, what the hell were they buying, eye liner???

we were in the shopping mall in dubai and you would see a guy come out of a shop in shorts, shades and gelled hair with three women behind him in full burkha carrying all the shopping. very strange to watch