Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mad Mad Liverpool...

If True....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1209134/REVEALED-Liverpool-handed-Glen-Johnson-139-000-week-deal-beat-competition-Chelsea.html

Cant see it though...getting paid more the Gerrard or Torres?

Comments

• Well it's in the Daily Mail and Mick Collins said that they always check and double check their stories, so it must be true.
  • Well if we are talking mad what the hell is Rafa still doing there i'm sure plenty of managers could have won them the league last year and this year isnt off to a flyer. I mean entering the season with 1 recognised striker, last season selling keane leaving just that 1. Wasting your transfer budget on a right back, Signing an injured midfielder after alonso left. Wasting millions on buying crap like lucas, voronin, babel and god knows how many spanish crap. very lucky man to be in a job IMO overated
  • In Rafa we trust
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]In Rafa we trust[/quote]

sorry but he is shite
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Well if we are talking mad what the hell is Rafa still doing there i'm sure plenty of managers could have won them the league last year and this year isnt off to a flyer. I mean entering the season with 1 recognised striker, last season selling keane leaving just that 1. Wasting your transfer budget on a right back, Signing an injured midfielder after alonso left. Wasting millions on buying crap like lucas, voronin, babel and god knows how many spanish crap. very lucky man to be in a job IMO overated[/quote]

Most overated manager there is!

Would have been sacked by now but for the fact his lucky CL victory.

All his buys have been by and large rubbish apart from Torres (who everyone knew and wanted)

Despite his claim of wanting to win the PL, he really only cares about the CL.
  • Agree with the above in that he's living off their CL victory and is an over rated manager but that said i still doubt Johnson is on more money than Torres and Gerrard.
  • Benitez is a good coach, but a poor tactician, I've a theory that he has trouble when he comes up against coaches like Martin O'Neill who are very good tacticians. I don't know whether the story here is true, but was is that he blew just about the entire summer transfer budget on one player when there were deficiencies elsewhere in the side, no wide players and a striker was needed to play of Torres, if Jonston can get forward then ok but his fundamental job is to defend and to be fair he's good at that. If you can neutralise Gerrard then you can significantly stop Liverpool and if you can find a way to mark Torres out the game as well then they really have problems. It also seems that Benitez won his turf battle inside Anfield and is now free to sign his own players and negotiate their terms, in the past he had that ability, but it was reduced after he made a number of ridiculous signings that didn't work out - Morientes for example, and he over-paid for the injury prone Cisse. However he did win the CL and has ben dining out on that ever since, I'll be convinced of his managerial ability when he wins the Premiership and in several years he hasn't really come close to winning that - at the business end of the season his teams fade away.
  • He has changed Liverpool from a one man team to a two man team which is an improvement i suppose :-)
  • Agree. Should be out on his ar*e. Never be a better chance than last season for them to win the Prem.

IMO only survived not being booted before because the fans hate the yank owners more. As they wanted to replace Benitez the fans rallied to his defence. Many regretting it now! Be lucky to finish in the top 4 this year I suspect.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]In Rafa we trust[/quote]

sorry but he is shite[/quote]

Don't be sorry about that!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: All_Thaid_Up[/cite]he really only cares about the CL

Is he an addick?
  • Excellent - I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this man is on borrowed time. Plus he's a whining muppet.