Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exec. Box

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
Has anyone hired an executive box for a birthday do? Do costs vary? Can you have beer instead of champaigne etc?

Comments

• Options
    Contact Paul Ellison mate....

Paul.ellison@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Thanks Tel but I wanted to know what the punters have experienced.
  • Options
    They will pretty much tailor it to your needs within reason
  • Options
    spookily i asked the same question to charlton this week. it costs £850 plus VAT but they have offered it to me for £600 plus VAT. its for 10 people, hot and cold buffet, car parking, half time refreshments, own bar and tv showing sky, match day programme and team sheets and licensed betting facilities. i once had the opportunity to use one years ago, in the cyborg payroll box. it was good, my dad loved it, and they do make it an experience.
  • Options
    I don't mind exec boxes if they are the type where you can sit outside of it........the sealed in ones with glass frontages are awful!
  • Options
    A step down from a box, but I did the matchday hospitality one match, and I was impressed by what they did (though the match was horrible - PNE first season back in the CCC). The food was more than acceptable, the entertainment was good too and it was grand coming back in at half time/full time to a nice pint, no queing with the lower orders in the nupper! The tables are set our restaurant-style (so although you're in a dining room, you're not mixed up with other groups).

As far as I can recall the package got you a three course lunch, programme and good seats (if you like a good view rather than a good atmosphere). Drinks weren't included, so you can have what you like. It was only £20 for ST holders and £45 otherwise. Not sure if this is still available, but we were talking about doing it again if it is.
  • Options
    i got a whole list of matchday experiences from charlton this week for my dad's birthday. thats probably the celebration suite deal? same sort of stuff but it says £34 inc VAT for season ticket holders or £54 inc VAT for non season ticket holders.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]A step down from a box, but I did the matchday hospitality one match, and I was impressed by what they did (though the match was horrible - PNE first season back in the CCC). The food was more than acceptable, the entertainment was good too and it was grand coming back in at half time/full time to a nice pint, no queing with the lower orders in the nupper! The tables are set our restaurant-style (so although you're in a dining room, you're not mixed up with other groups).

As far as I can recall the package got you a three course lunch, programme and good seats (if you like a good view rather than a good atmosphere). Drinks weren't included, so you can have what you like. It was only £20 for ST holders and £45 otherwise. Not sure if this is still available, but we were talking about doing it again if it is.

We are doing this for WestStandCookie's 30th - we decided on the Southampton Game as it's on the Sat before his birthday, we paid £30 per season ticket holder and £50 per non season ticket holder. (plus VAT)

Totally agree with McLovin - myself , Dad and Bro were guests of Llenera for the druming of WetSpam at home and we had a great day! It's nice to see Charlton from a different light.

:o)
  • Options
    As Ive mentioned before, the hospitality catering at the club is first class...shame we cant get it right in the kiosks, but Im sure they are working on it.
  • Options
    I'll note this one down. It'll be my 50th in a couple of years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thankyou everyone! That was the response I was hoping for. It is my 60th this year and it would be a great treat to have a box or something for a game. But I was rather staggered by the £850 fee for ten people.
  • Options
    85 squids a head.

You can pay that on an evening out in the West End and you don't even get to see the mighty reds play.
  • Options
    Get in fast, before the takeover goes through. ;-0)
  • Options
    We hired a box for Razil's stag do last season (vs Southampton)...we 'negotiated' with them and got a box for 10 people, with 'ok' buffet food for £500. Obviously drinks on top. Was West Stand, towards the south stand...not a 'great' room, but outside seating (sneaked our beer out in tea cups) and all round had a good time.
  • Options
    Charlie, explain the 'ok' buffet. Sandwiches? £500 sobs for the room but no booze?
  • Options
    Spent Saturday in the Centre Circle suite celebrating my dad's 70th birthday. It was an excellent day, really looked after by one of my heros, Bob Bolder - possibly one of the funniest people I've ever met. Had beer, champagne, lovely food, voted on the MOM and got to meet and have photos taken with Nicky Bailey. Well worth the money, can highly recommend it.
  • Options
    you cant drink in the box from 2.45pm till 5.15. So that means all those down in the East Stand drinking at half time but you cant in your box. A rule about being in eyesight of the pitch!

This is the same for the suites i think? Well i know in the Centre Circle swuite we couldnt for my 40th.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hired 2 at the brentford game 10 in each box £600 + vat per box food superb 2 bottles of champagne drinks lager etc had 2 pay for think it was £3.20 a bottle of bud ,cheeseboard and coffee at halftime + tickets to millenium lounge after game superb value for money.
  • Options
    often thought about trying one package or another, but I am suspicious of the food being a vegetarian.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]you cant drink in the box from 2.45pm till 5.15. So that means all those down in the East Stand drinking at half time but you cant in your box. A rule about being in eyesight of the pitch!

This is the same for the suites i think? Well i know in the Centre Circle swuite we couldnt for my 40th.[/quote]

You can, but they heard of yer reputation. . . . ;o)))
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth, to be honest that was the only thing that slightly let it down. the food i had was delicious but my brother and his wife are veggies and they had a nut roast - and they said it was awful. he did actually say nut roasts went out in the 70s, he wasn't best pleased. aside from that it was an amazing day.