Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another reason to dislike the wall

According to today's Independent one of the reasons for the rivalry between the irons and the lions is that the wall were scabs in the general strike of 26 and the irons weren't.
So apart from being originally Scottish they are dirty blacklegs as well.

Comments

• Options
    Yes that's what my Millwall mate tells me where it originates from.
  • Options
    Pompey Southampton came from this too
  • Options
    when did 'people' start referring to the them as 'wall', and even worse 'the wall' ?

It should be banned from this site. Millwall, Millsmall, Spanners, Scum etc take your pick. But no more of the other two that border on some form of friendliness and respect.

FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]when did 'people' start referring to the them as 'wall', and even worse 'the wall' ?

It should be banned from this site. Millwall, Millsmall, Spanners, Scum etc take your pick. But no more of the other two that border on some form of friendliness and respect.

FACT
    What do you mean it should be, it's your site, who's going to stop you? I think you should enforce week long bans for the offence. Likewise for the arsenal.
  • Options
    Talking of Walls .. hows Razil .... or does he only do fences?
  • Options
    agree on the "wall" thing. Ban it.

And the strike breakers thing is a total myth made up by Millwall fans to give the rivalry some history.
  • Options
    The Wall Scottish that is reason enough to hate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Talking of Walls .. hows Razil .... or does he only do fences?

He is actually in Corn-wall according to his facebook status.

I hope he's not gone too long, that lawn of his will be a 2 coffee cup job if he's not careful!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]agree on the "wall" thing. Ban it.

And the strike breakers thing is a total myth made up by Millwall fans to give the rivalry some history.

Prove it holidayboy !
  • Options
    should always be known as millsmall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]

Prove itholidayboy!
    I dont have to prove a negative. They can offer no contempory evidence asit is a myth to
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]

Prove itholidayboy!
  • Options
    maybe we should call them "the wall"...

every time i have had a few beers i "pizz up" the wall anyway....
  • Options
    I have no idea where they get this from, it could be true but doesn't seem to have any historical accuracy. Millwall had already moved to New Cross by 1910 and the Thames Iron Works had been closed for well over a decade. Docker's were represented by the Blue's and Red's at this time, and although there was a little animosity between them I don't believe it was massively geographic based; actually generationally based from the start of the 20th century.

Next I've never heard anyone state that the Isle of Dogs stayed out of the 1926 strike. Frankly that sounds utterly ludicrous, the majority of workers at West India Dock would have been West Ham fans. Just usual groundless journalistic bollocks. Could be true but has no real believable flesh to the story.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Do try to keep up Henry. Every post on here has to be peer reviewed and annotated these days ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]when did 'people' start referring to the them as 'wall', and even worse 'the wall' ?

FACT

It's what their fans call themselves, as far as I can tell. I hate it as well. Spanners is my personal favourite.
  • Options
    one of my small contributions to Charlton folk lore is creating the nickname Spanners.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]one of my small contributions to Charlton folk lore is creating the nickname Spanners.
    Oh don't do yourself down. Personally I see the entire club's folklore erotically intertwined with you. But I'm on the net a lot so I see a lot of stuff.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]when did 'people' start referring to the them as 'wall', and even worse 'the wall' ?

FACT[/quote]

hear hear!

Spanners, end of.