Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Semedo - Hamstring Injury

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
O/S is reporting Semedo has a slight hamstring injury and didn't train today. Will be a big loss if he can't make Tranmere. Maybe move Bailey into centre and Basey on left or maybe Sam and start Wagstaff on the right...?

Comments

• Options
    What about Spring?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SpicedAddick[/cite]What about Spring?

I'm sure he'll have recovered by then. It's just a hamstring.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]

I'm sure he'll have recovered by then. It's just a hamstring.

LOL!! Cant argue with that.
  • Options

he was utter shite at Hereford. What about Kins ? Could do a better job.
  • Options
    Large why single out Hereford? He's been utter shite all the time 4 us other than his goals against palace and Wednesday
  • Options
    Let's hope it was simply a precautionary measure.

We need Semedo.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see what Parky will do if he doesn't make it.

Loads of options really, move Bailey in the middle, move Shelvey back, bring Spring or Stavrinou in. If Bailey comes into the middle, do you put Sam on the left (and put Wagstaff on the right) or Basey on the left. If Shelvey is dropped back, which striker do you play (I'd guess it would be McLeod)?
  • Options
    Id move Shelvey back and play Mcleod or Tunafish.
  • Options
    Is Spring (or another player in the squad) suited to playing in the Semedo role? If not then adopt Plan B - and go 4-4-2 and drop Shelvey back into an orthodox midfield and bring in one of Fleetwood, McLeod or half-man half-Tuna.

Playing Spring raises another question...who have we got who can replace him on the bench and be our midfield reserve?
  • Options

would rather see Kinsella on one leg...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd say Basey is a good holding midfelder personally

big, strong, can tackle. If anything his passing would be better than Semedo's

Don't get me wrong - I love Jose The Tank Semedo but I think Base could fill in if needed
  • Options
    I reckon Semedo will be ok but if not Bailey inside and Basey on the left.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'd say Basey is a good holding midfelder personally

big, strong, can tackle.

I wouldn't count on him playing in the middle.
  • Options
    Basey in the middle for me but the Tank will be there
  • Options
    I'd move Bailey inside and play Mcleod, but not upfront - he lined up in pre-season a couple of times wide left. This gives the option of 4-4-2 without a substitution. Racon would then have to play the holding role, as Nicky can be a bit rash, so best keep him away from our box.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Is Spring (or another player in the squad) suited to playing in the Semedo role? If not then adopt Plan B - and go 4-4-2 and drop Shelvey back into an orthodox midfield and bring in one of Fleetwood, McLeod or half-man half-Tuna.

Playing Spring raises another question...who have we got who can replace him on the bench and be our midfield reserve?

Stavrinou. Play him and leave Spring as the cover.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Is Spring (or another player in the squad) suited to playing in the Semedo role? If not then adopt Plan B - and go 4-4-2 and drop Shelvey back into an orthodox midfield and bring in one of Fleetwood, McLeod or half-man half-Tuna.

Stavrinou. Play him and leave Spring as the cover.

Agreed, Stav had a good game at Hereford (unlike Spring) and is a much more like-for-like replacement.
  • Options
    If and it's a big IF Semedo won't be fit for Saturday Basey can play as a holding midfielder. Spring is not that sort of player and the system has been working so don't dick around with it, two up top away from home can leave the midfield well short if we're chasing the ball as away sides tend to do.
  • Options
    I'd rather start the game with 10 men than play Spring
  • Options
    I remember when both Spring AND Burton were crap and should never ever play again.

Strangely Burton is now a ''good''player but spring is still a scapegoat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really dont see what Spring has done wrong

HE SCORED AGAINST PALACE FFS

i know PUkey Lukey did as well and got slated but he had ample chances Spring has not

changed the friendly when he cam on against Ipswich nad is more than able for this tin pot pissy shit league
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I remember when both Spring AND Burton were crap and should never ever play again.

Strangely Burton is now a ''good''player but spring is still a scapegoat.

I hope not to see Spring just because we're doing so well but i'm not worried if he does play as he's looked good at this level when he's played here before. Welcome back Henry, i was hoping your return would speed up the announcement on the takeover ;0)
  • Options
    I think Spring is alright, what has he done so wrong?

Come to that, what did Luke Varney ever do that wrong???? Aside from put more effort and heart in than every other member of the side combined
  • Options
    gis us a chance Mart77, not easy to ring that part of the world.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Spring is just nowhere near as good as Racon, Bailey or Shelvey. That doesn't make him a terrible player at this level, but with the midfielders we've got (and hope to keep) he's a long way off when it comes to offering real quality.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]gis us a chance Mart77, not easy to ring that part of the world.

I knew there was a reason why you were taking Arabic classes!
  • Options
    shame those sticking up for Spring were not at Hereford because if you were you might think differently. He was completely out-shone by a 17 yr old making his debut and was absolutely atrocious. However, he should have been using the game to show the management what he can do and send out a pick me message to them. On that evidence I'd pick my nose ahead of him.
  • Options
    Team for Saturday

Elliot
    Richardson Llera Dailly Youga
    Sam, Large Addick's nose, Racon, Baily
    Shelvey
    Burton
  • Options
    cheers Kap !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]shame those sticking up for Spring were not at Hereford because if you were you might think differently. He was completely out-shone by a 17 yr old making his debut and was absolutely atrocious. However, he should have been using the game to show the management what he can do and send out a pick me message to them. On that evidence I'd pick my nose ahead of him.

I was there and as usual I would have to disagree with you. I thought Both Spring and Stav were distinctly average. The only reason Stav is getting any plaudits is because it was his first game (and quite right too). If it had been the other way round then I've no doubt Spring would have got the admiration.

Truth is neither are as good as the 1st team which is why they are not in it. Spring is ok and for others to say (not you) that they would rather play with 10 men is very silly - even if they were joking.

Let's move on - Who /what can we moan about now then ?

I've got an idea. I'll start a new thread.