Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stimson makes final attempt to snare Dickson

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
Gillingham boss Mark Stimson has issued Charlton a take it or leave it ultimatum as he attempts to bring striker Chris Dickson to Priestfield.
The Gills tabled one final offer to the Addicks before the weekend and Stimson must now sit and wait to see if their League 1 rivals are willing to do business.
Stimson has been a long term admirer of the 24-year-old front man, who netted 11 goals for Gillingham during a loan spell in the 2007/08 season. He’s now wanted to spearhead the club’s challenge in League 1 next season.
"I don’t think we’ve got any more money so that’s probably our best offer," Stimson said. "So let’s have a yes or no, and if it’s a no we’ll have to move on.
"Chris is a character, we know where he has been and he appreciates where he is. He plays with that buzz and plays as though it’s his last game, he wants to score goals and wants to be loved.
"When he was here before he was loved because he put the ball in the back of the net and that’s the hardest thing to do in the game.
"Against Calais there was a lot of decent play but nobody could get the ball in the net because it’s one of the most difficult skills in the game."
The need to bring in a new striker was heightened following an injury to Dennis Oli which looks likely to see him miss the start of the season.
"We need to bring someone in because of the (injury) situation," said Stimson. "Whether it’s Chris or someone else we’ll have to wait and see, but Chris is the one we would like.
"He did well at the club before and scores goals and if we could get someone like that we would all be very happy."
Injuries to midfield duo Stuart Lewis and Adam Miller mean a loan deal for Watford left-back Jordan Parkes seem unlikely as Stimson turns his attentions to other areas.
"That’s on the back burner," Stimson admitted. "We’re putting all our money and everything we have into those (other) areas of the pitch really."
Midfielder Rashid Yussuff, who has been on trial for several weeks, has yet to sign a contract but Stimson is hoping to have concluded a deal by the start of this week. Fellow trialist Sam Long, however, has departed.

Comments

• Options
    Old story alert

manning torpedos
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]a character, we know where he has been and he appreciates where he is. He plays with that buzz and plays as though it’s his last game, he wants to score goals and wants to be loved.
    "When he was here befor

Yep, look at last line, Yussuff signed for them a while ago now.
  • Options
    Sorry, this was put on their site today and i missed that it was old. Glug glug glug
  • Options
    Taxi for one!
  • Options
    I started to think Calais were in League 1.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I started to think Calais were in League 1.

ha ha ha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I started to think Calais were in League 1.

ha ha ha

I thought it was a typo.......... and he meant Carlisle!!!
  • Options
    calais away sounds like a good day out.

Sort it out waggott