Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leccy 'n stuff

Well, i've just moved into my own place for the first time ever and needing to sort out the leccy and stuff, after just finding out karoo is the ONLY internet provider in hull im a little peeved as they are terrible. However, i now need to sort out all the other super fun utilities so is there any companies for gas/leccy that anyone can suggest, or warn me away from!

thanks!

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Well, i've just moved into my own place for the first time ever and needing to sort out the leccy and stuff, after just finding out karoo is the ONLY internet provider in hull im a little peeved as they are terrible. However, i now need to sort out all the other super fun utilities so is there any companies for gas/leccy that anyone can suggest, or warn me away from!

thanks!

Yes, that's all very well Stu........ but as it's Hull, do you have an outside lavvy?
  • Sadly not, however i do have a bomb shelter in the back garden, so if ze germans come, im sorted!
  • Are you CAFC-HOPO...?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Well, i've just moved into my own place for the first time ever and needing to sort out the leccy and stuff, after just finding out karoo is the ONLY internet provider in hull im a little peeved as they are terrible. However, i now need to sort out all the other super fun utilities so is there any companies for gas/leccy that anyone can suggest, or warn me away from!

thanks!

They are all as bad as each other. Probably go for the cheapest via a site like compare.com and apparently if you get your energy via the internet they offer cheaper deals. Don't ask me to explain further because I don't know.
  • stay away from scottish power. thats all i know.
  • Yeah and EDF
  • Just go with British gas and leccy dude, its the easiest less stressful way to do it.
  • They're all crap - Don't believe comparison sites as well!

Look at the rates and the daily standing charges. The daily rate for each service could be very low but the standing charge high.
  • If you connect a wheel to a generator you could get the ferret to generate your electricity. Simples ! You could try a Meerkat I suppose but they seem to do a lot of standing around ;0)
  • edited August 2009
    I work as an independent distributor for Utility Warehouse. We don't advertise or go on comparison sites but we have (according to the regulator OfGem) over a five year period consistantly supplied our customers with the cheapest energy in the UK.

I started as a customer and liked what I found so much that I became a distributor.

Owned by Telecom Plus PLC, the FT Company of the year, it's a club that provides homes and businesses with the best value energy, homephone, broadband and mobile phone services all on one monthly bill. Almost all our services have no minimum contract so if you like what we do you stay, if you don't you can leave. 94% of customers in a recent poll said they would recommend us to their family and friends.

If you don't believe me, check out what Which Magazine say

April 09 - Best energy supplier by some way
    Feb 09 - Best Buy - Internet and Phone Bundled service (The only supplier to win this award)
    Feb 09 - Best home phone supplier
    Current edition - Best Buy - internet services.

We have a UK call centre based in London.

Basically guys it's brilliant.

If you take four of our services including homephone, you qualify for free calls to UK landlines and some international destinations 24/7 for upto 75 minutes a call.

There are free member benefits like 6 months redundancy cover to pay your utility bills and a cashback card arrangement that can save £100's of pounds a year from your household bills.

Please look at the website, it really is easy to switch and you can sign up on line.

Best Value Utility Services
  • Sponsored links:

• British gas for both, monthly DD
    Cheapest and less hassle.
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]British gas for both, monthly DD
    Cheapest and less hassle.

Sorry mate, we guarantee to be cheaper than BG for gas anywhere in the UK. The reason is that their prices are regulated as a monopoly supplier (they still have a huge chunk of the market). The government will not let them use their monopoly position to undercut the competition so their prices are regulated and that means we can set our prices to be cheaper. They won't tell you this of course.
  • Wouldn't touch british gas, they are an appalling utility. Worked on a contract once for Centrica when they were attempting to pull together their myriad IT systems and ensure the security of them. Never come across a bigger bunch of clowns who had utterly no idea the dificulty of bringing loads of legacy networks together whilst thinking they could shoot for the moon with their functionality. An absolute shower of shite. Then if you have to deal with them over the phone as a customer they are utterly rudderless whereby the manager's are totally seperated from their operatives; they have 'floor walkers' and the managers reside in a totally different location. One operative proudly told me not to worry but they stopped my bill of £44,000, all because eleven previous muppets couldn't input a dual fuel bill and one I guess managed to swap the readings for leccy and gas - some admitted they couldn't do it, each one promised they'd find out how to and get back to m.... none did. Incompetent muppets where there whole management structure attempts to avoid responsibility.

Don't go BG unless you get an amazing deal. I'm still in dispute with them two years after leaving them.

Cheers bing I'll check out that site, looks a goodun.
  • I'd like to say to all Lifers, that if any Lifer signs up via my web-site for Utility Warehouse, I will donate £1 for every service they take (gas, electricity, homephone, broadband and mobile phone) to Charlton Life to help AFKA and Lookie pay for the up keep of the site! Anybody signing up for four or more services, I will make it up to a maximum of £5.

Here is the link:

Utility Warehouse