Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tranmere 0 - 4 Charlton **Post-Match Thoughts**

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: A-R-T-H-U-R[/cite]Strange he finally found it in the third division isnt it Dazz?

Honestly, can we please have a thread where all comments like this get instantly nuked?

You may make a fair point Arth, but why do you feel the need tovcome on here after what was by all accounts a very impressive 4-0 away win, whatever league it came in, and try to piss on everyone's chips?
  • Options
    And £3 for that small plastic bottle of Magners, a rip off I tell you
  • Options
    Chaz, Big Stem, Lanc Lad, Nathan, High Peak, Lats, Thommo etc, could you put some player ratings in the other stickied thread, ta
  • Options
    Well I wasn`t there but from where I stand a 4 - 0 win away from home means I will gladly give them all a 10.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]It was a great header no.1. I was about five seats down from you. I was the one that nicked out to get a drink early doors and missed our first and second goals!

Felt for you there Thommo, two goals in the minute you were gone, unbelievable. I trust the pie and ale made up for it a little and at least you'll save a tenner as you won't have to buy the "I saw Semedo score" T-shirt !
  • Options
    Another clean sheet is the major plus for me and Tuna being given a chance also.

Semedo took his goal v well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]
    On a personal note, I would like to thank Frazer Richardson for providing me with my first header from the terraces !

a great moment, as was the Inter Milan chanting and the fact that CAFC started a "Barnes out" chant that echoed around the ground!!

we absolutely murdered them... and besides the odd spell, it looked as if we barely tried. I cannot ever recall a more dominant performance in all my time as a Charlton fan, particularly away from home. Semedo may have been carrying a knock but he was like a trojan today. A truly memorable trip that was!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Semedo took his goal v well.

Terrific to hear - early signs of another midfield player who Parky is improving as a player? If Semedo can add a little to his game in an attacking sense it will be amssive bonus as he's certainly shown himself to be a very capable holding player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

a great moment, as was the Inter Milan chanting and the fact that CAFC started a "Barnes out" chant that echoed around the ground!!

Followed by the "Barnesy Barnesy give us a rap" :o)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well I can't add much more. The team played like one challenging at the top of the Championship not top of the league below.

Top performances by everyone - especially Llera who definately should have won an oscar for his theatricals!

Seriously we were street ahead of Tranmere in winning the ball, then getting it down an passing. My man of the match goes to Lloyd (no end product) Sam for tormenting their defence for the whole game and two excellent headed goals.

Great (long) day out!

Finally No 1 In South London - awesome header mate!! I was sat in the row behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You know what Arthur you're right, it's not like things were beginning to improve at the end of last season or that Phil Parkinson has had a whole summer to get the players understanding his style of game...
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    tranmere050.jpg
  • Options
    great pic fod
  • Options
    Second that..well done matey.
  • Options
    Brill picture. For those who want to know how may Charlton were there, get counting!
  • Options
    Thanks No1 as I was sitting right behind you and I'm not known for my heading abilty
  • Options
    Good pic of my brother in the silly blue shorts
  • Options
    Must admit feeling a lot better than a few weeks ago, and yes I am having to conceed that parky is doing a good job in what have been difficult circumstances. Good to see Sam playing a whole game,and playing well all the game from the postings. Thought he played well last week but did make some poor mistakes. Winning has brought back the teams confidence and although an obvious statement to make which is why the cup game so important for the confidence a couple of weeks ago when I was critical of the team I feel the team is a lot better balanced and at last feel confident about the games. At the moment I have been proved wrong, which I am happy to conceed any day of the week.
  • Options
    Spotted the Norwich Massive......
  • Options
    You can see Thommo and Pork Pie just behind the flag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Spotted the Norwich Massive......

Rent a tent supplied my Club Shirt!!
  • Options
    Indeed George, cracking picture mate, the sort of picture that makes facebook tagging worthwhile!

Post match thoughts now I have finally got my laptop working this morning.

Great performance and I dont think the fact that Tranmere were truly awful take anything away from it. We did everything right, passed well, moved into space, closed down (to a man) and played for each other (and seemingly) for the shirt. Which is something I havent witnessed for a while.
    Fantastic to see all the midfielders getting involved and even better to see both fullbacks linking up with and overlapping their wingers.

Side looks balanced and keen, the mix of young and old seems to be working and fingers crossed we are not struck down with any injuries as finally we have a settled side.

Couldnt really ask for more, will be interesting to see what happens when we come up against the better sides, but for now Im enjoying this one.
  • Options
    This performance building on previous ones showed the benefits of a settled and increasingly confident team.

We were light years ahead of Tranmere. They only had any kind of a sniff when we took our foot off the gas or with some lucky long ball tactics. At times it did seem to be "just like watching Brazil", as we strung move after move together with fluent passing and ball control.

Maybe Tranmere played into our hand by seemingly being set up by John Barnes to play a passing game but they just couldn't come near us. With Semedo, Racon, Shelvey, Sam and Bailey in midfield we have players that would get into most top six Championship teams and are aspiring Premier League players.

If you add the solidity brought to defence by Dailly Llera and Richardson, we look a real class unit.

I'd like to single Burton out for praise because yesterday he missed a couple of chances, one a header which he should have got on target, the other failing to get a touch to the cross from Bailey which went in directly. However he worked tirelessly. His movement across the pitch dragging defenders towards him, opened and exposed the opposite flank and gave Sam and sometimes Youga, Bailey and Shelvey opportunities to get behind them. His touch and close control is really first class and needs to be playing the lone front man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite] His movement across the pitch dragging defenders towards him, opened and exposed the opposite flank and gave Sam and sometimes Youga, Bailey and Shelvey opportunities to get behind them.

An excellent observation the like of which is often missed by some supporters who can't seem to appreciate what some players do off the ball. Bailey also deserves a lot of credit for the defensive side of his game, many times he dropped back to cover Youga's runs forward, something that Bouazza would never do under Pardew.
  • Options
    Jonjo is without doubt the ace in our pack. Because of his age he plays with a freedom that comes from enthusiasm, inexperience and unbelievable energy. Couple this with what is undoubtedly a huge dolop of talent and it gives us a certain unpredictability which certainly any division one side is going to have problems containing. He is of course not the finished article but at 17 is great to watch. Imho of course.
  • Options
    Commentator on CAFCTV said that Jonjo was always running, putting the oppo under constant pressure and forcing errors. Just wish I could have been there. Seems like I've missed a brilliant team performance.
  • Options
    Delighted my prediction was wrong!

Well done Parky and the lads!

Now I'm praying nobody crucial leaves before Sepember 1st.
  • Options
    Great pic FoD - did you run on the pitch to take it? :)

So many plusses from yesterday. It's good to see that the contribution being made by players such as e.g Semedo, Jonjo and Burton is being appreciated. I forgot to mention Elliot who really looks like a safe pair of hands and must give the defence a lot of confidence. Given his age he is a class act - and Charlton through and through!

P.S Most surreal moment: when the Tranmere players were cheered by the Addicks for getting a touch of the ball (and our players were then booed for being spoilsports) - it really was that one-sided.
  • Options
    amazing perfromance, the gap between the two teams was massive lol

never looked under threat and could have easily won 6 or 7-0

Lloyd Sam = class
  • Options
    Also spotted Richard Murray leaning over the wall just above the entrance to the stairs (vomitary)..........looks like he's taking a picture?