Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help - Trying to watch the Brentford game in Munich

Suggestions very welcome.

Comments

• There are loads of Irish/sports bars in Munich, here's one of them..

The Shamrock Irish Pub Munich

Check out the search engines for other pubs there are quite a few.
  • Cheers vfr. Very close to where I am staying ;0)
  • edited September 2009
    The place you WOULD have been able to watch it is the Outland Australian bar at Rosenheimerplatz. I've watched plenty of Sky Saturday lunchtime games there on various holidays in Munich (including us v Villa a few New Years' back). Unfortunately it closed for refurbishment/knocking through last month - by chance I was there on their last night - and it's not due to reopen (still Australian but with a different name) until the end of October. So a useless tip at the moment, I'm afraid.

In general, Australian bars tend to be a better bet than Irish bars in Munich as the Irish bars tend to be properly Irish in that they will often show hurling or Gaelic football (if there's any on) rather than (particularly lower league) English soccer. Bizarrely, there's about a dozen Irish pubs in Munich, nearly the same amount of Australian bars but NOT ONE SINGLE English/British bar, which is a bit rubbish considering how many ex-pats seem to live over there.

NB THE SHAMROCK IS PRIMARLY A MUSIC VENUE AND DOESN'T OPEN UNTIL 6PM EVEN ON SATURDAY, SO IS NO USE.

My tip is Killians/Ned Kellys, two pubs (one Irish, one Aussie) in the same building - right by the Frauenkirche in the centre of town - that open (at least one of the two) at 11am. There shouldn't be any other sport on at lunchtime, so you should be in luck.

http://www.kiliansirishpub.com/