Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The FACT thread

Comments

• Options
    I was born in april 1980 I want to go on jeremy kyle and get the jolly green giant to do a dna test as he may be my father, I'm tall and love ho ho ho's.... FACT.
  • Options
    I made johnny depp a cup of tea, white no sugar... FACT.
  • Options
    my nans brother once managed Spurs -------------fact
  • Options
    Meat Loaf played for my softball team-- fact.
  • Options
    I'm still gonna get Adam FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Talking of photos, at the 'last' game at the Valley I asked Killer to pose for a snap with 5 year old March Jnr, , afterwards I found I hadn't taken the lens cover off: FACT!

I'm intrigued, how can you do that and not realise at the time?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The World's first international cricket match was USA v Canada. FACT.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Great Britain are the reigning Olympic cricket champions. They beat France in 1900 and cricket hasn't been represented since. The British team was actually Devon and Somerset Wanderers, by another name. FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]The Worlds first international cricket match was USA v Canada.

Is this a "FACT ?"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]The Worlds first international cricket match was USA v Canada.

Is this a "FACT ?"

It certainly is. Sorry I'll amend my post to make it clear.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_national_cricket_team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some people believe that all polar bears are left handed. However, nearly all Muppets are left handed. FACT.
  • Options
    Stig,(sorry I have trouble with quotey things), the camera was even then an old Practica and I had just put a new film in it. To do that you had to alter the settings so that you could roll the film on.: unfortunately I forgot to re-set everything before taking the next shot (Killer/March Jnr), the setting it was on could over-ride everything , even the lens cap! Still use that camera occasionally but learned a lesson that day and havn't done it since.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Stig,(sorry I have trouble with quotey things), the camera was even then an old Practica and I had just put a new film in it. To do that you had to alter the settings so that you could roll the film on.: unfortunately I forgot to re-set everything before taking the next shot (Killer/March Jnr), the setting it was on could over-ride everything , even the lens cap! Still use that camera occasionally but learned a lesson that day and havn't done it since.

Ouch! TBH I'm forever putting the camera to my eye, just for a doh! moment
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Stig,(sorry I have trouble with quotey things), the camera was even then an old Practica and I had just put a new film in it. To do that you had to alter the settings so that you could roll the film on.: unfortunately I forgot to re-set everything before taking the next shot (Killer/March Jnr), the setting it was on could over-ride everything , even the lens cap! Still use that camera occasionally but learned a lesson that day and havn't done it since.

Ouch! TBH I'm forever putting the camera to my eye, just for a doh! moment

You're not the only one.........
    ;-)
  • Options
    Alan Turing's death was responsible for the logo of the Apple Computing company. FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Alan Turing's death was responsible for the logo of the Apple Computing company. FACT.

How?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Alan Turing's death was responsible for the logo of the Apple Computing company. FACT.

Now that's fascinating, I've never heard about it before and you prompted me to look it up.

May or not be true, but great story.

turing apple
  • Options
    If you draw a straight line between the the top of Shooter's Hill and the Ural Mountains, there is no land between those two points that is higher. FACT.

That's why the Ruskies kept their nuclear arsenal hidden behind the Urals and we kept the Woolwich Arsenal hidden behid Shooter's Hill. CONJECTURE.
  • Options
    Alan Turing was gay, when it was illegal to be so, so he committed suicide by eating a cyanide-laced apple, despite the fact that apple pips contain cyanide. Both are facts. FACT.
  • Options
    Domestos kills all known germs FACT

Said so on the telly so must be FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We r top of the league, FACT
  • Options
    This thread is full of facts....FACT
  • Options
    I just got in from my second ever night shift

FACT
  • Options
    Ronseal does exactly what it says on the tin.... fact.

I'm having martmite on toast for breakfast sons having wheetabix Fact.
  • Options
    my boss is a total prick . fact
  • Options
    working from home today with my daughter and CBeebies drives me mad FACT
  • Options
    Also 'working' from home today & daytime telly is proper shite - FACT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]working from home today with my daughter and CBeebies drives me mad FACT
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Also 'working' from home today & daytime telly is proper shite - FACT

Turn off Charlton Life or you won't do anywork- FACT !
  • Options
    If I turn it off then I'll have to do some work ! - FACT
  • Options
    Moths are unable to fly during an earthquake.FACT.