Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFKA - whats's the most users on here?

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
AFKA,

we seem to have loads of users signed in and a lot of guests at the moment. Is this the record for CL?

Comments

• Options
    No, its normally during games (particularly away games) where we get the big volumes.

On an average day, we normally get around 1,500 - 2,000 unique visitors a day. That can then spike when something on here gets linked on another clubs' forum.
  • Options
    Only 4 phantoms and 35 guests ....? Piffle. We've had a load more online than that.

A good mid-week match, Pardew sacked, the 'will Izzy McLeod ever score?' thread ........

They all come crawling out of the woodwork.
  • Options
    Blimey, didn't realise it was that much
  • Options
    Tell the guests to bog off, as the site keeps crashing for me...priority to registered users is what I say!

;-)
  • Options
    Whats the difference between a Phantom and a guest?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: millaphile[/cite]Whats the difference between a Phantom and a guest?[/quote]

Torpedos Loaded
  • Options
    A guest is someone who visits the site for a minimum 2 night stay, breakfast included and dinner for at least one night.

A phantom visits the site on a room only basis, gets up early in the morning and brings a Mcdonalds drivethrough back to their room. They are scum that ruin our margins.

Hope that's clear.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JorgeCosta[/cite]AFKA,

we seem to have loads of users signed in and a lot of guests at the moment. Is this the record for CL?

I will add though that there has been a continued upsurge in traffic over the last year. For those that are interested, we get around 1.3m pageviews a month nowadays, and considering there aren't that many pages is quite weighty now.

August 09 traffic was up 181% on August 08 traffic.
  • Options
    I like this message board, you always get a decent response, half decent arguments, comments and news. Also none of those silly photos/signatures after every post you find on other message boards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]No, its normally during games (particularly away games) where we get the big volumes.

On an average day, we normally get around 1,500 - 2,000 unique visitors a day. That can then spike when something on here gets linked on another clubs' forum.

When I posted I counted 67 users signed in and 57 guests and 4 phantoms
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not so many guests today, are the journos no longer interested now we have kept our players ;-)
  • Options
    what do you expect when our leaders calls his potential newbies Scum ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]A guest is someone who visits the site for a minimum 2 night stay, breakfast included and dinner for at least one night.

A phantom visits the site on a room only basis, gets up early in the morning and brings a Mcdonalds drivethrough back to their room. They are scum that ruin our margins.

Hope that's clear.

You need the website inspector.

Would ya? the hotel inspector.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]what do you expect when our leaders calls his potential newbies Scum ;-)
    To be fair, he was calling existing members scum!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]none of those silly photos/signatures after every post you find on other message boards.

Well said. I just don't understand why they do that - it's just so tacky.
  • Options
    Seems to be a new user eveytime i look today!
  • Options
    I'm finding the site a bit slow today - unusual for a non-match day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Seems to be a new user eveytime i look today!

Due to the amount of traffic the site was getting last night, and the fact that Forum is not proving overly stable at the moment, we've made it Members Only for now to try and limit the load a bit.

Because of that, it looks like a number of people who would normally lurk have registered today.