Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea have been banned from signing players..

for the next two transfer windows.

Breaking news on SSN.

Comments

• Options
    Oops, not General Charlton, sorry. D:
  • Options
    You can go back and edit the category, you know.
  • Options
    Do we know why?
  • Options
    Thats 18 months
  • Options
    tapping up a Lens teenager
  • Options
    Ban issued by Fifa because they tapped up a French youngster at Lens.
  • Options
    SSN saying FIFA say they can't register any new players for two windows.

Strange but ha ha ha any way.
  • Options
    Thats bad news. I think the would have brought Dickson in january
  • Options
    I'd wait for the appeal before getting too excited. Probably end up with a £10k fine a slap on the wrists.

They must be spitting their dummies out all over the place though which is a nice thought.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Thats bad news. I think the would have brought Dickson in january
    They can buy him, just can't play him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Callumcafc[/cite]Ban issued by Fifa because they tapped up a French youngster at Lens.

First Eduardo now Chelsea. All the journos with a chip on their shoulders about English clubs been hard done by those johnny foreigners will be having a field day.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/sep/03/chelsea-fifa-transfer-ban-gael-kakuta

plenty of time to appeal
  • Options
    Do you reckon by any chance they will appeal ?

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Thats bad news. I think the would have brought Dickson in january

Done deal I heard. That's why he turned down Gills : - )

On a more serious note weren't Chelsea rumoured to have bid for Shelvey? Might be a good thing for us then (unless we needed to sell him!!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Do you reckon by any chance they will appeal ?

lol

Well we were bad losers when we appealed about Stamford Beach so I expect that they will use the same logic in this case. NOT.
  • Options
    Hahaha
  • Options
    This is the best footballing news I've heard since Jeffers got sacked!
  • Options
    They'll probably find a way to get around it in the end and it won't happen.
  • Options
    JT posted this on one of the sunk threads.

Kakuta: DRC decision reached(FIFA.com) Thursday 3 September 2009

On the occasion of its last meeting held on 27 August 2009, the Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) was called to pass a decision in a contractual dispute opposing the French club Lens to the French player Gael Kakuta and the English club Chelsea.

The French club had lodged a claim with FIFA seeking compensation for breach of contract from the player and requesting also sporting sanctions to be imposed on the player and the English club for breach of contract and inducement to breach of contract respectively.

The DRC found that the player had indeed breached a contract signed with the French club. Equally, the DRC deemed it to be established that the English club induced the player to such a breach.

As a result the player was condemned to pay compensation in the amount of €780,000, for which the club, Chelsea, are jointly and severally liable, and sporting sanctions were imposed on both the player and Chelsea in accordance with art. 17 par. 3 and 4 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

A restriction of four months on his eligibility to play in official matches has been imposed on Kakuta. Chelsea are banned from registering any new players, either nationally or internationally, for the two next entire and consecutive registration periods following the notification of the present decision.

Furthermore, the club, Chelsea, have to pay Lens training compensation in the amount of €130,000
  • Options
    Plastic chelsea fan at work has already been round to moan about the unfairness of it - got no sympathy from me and has made a quick retreat!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shame that couldn't have applied to to W.Ham when they poached Defoe.........can you imagine Harry Rednap not being able to buy anyone for 12 months !!!!!!!
  • Options
    With Chelsea's aging squad this could hit them harder than most.

About time a ruling like this came in. Hopefully, it will set a precedent that UEFA will actually stick to, and so will the eduardo ban.
  • Options
    Yeah Eduardo / Arsenal and now Chelsea.

I suspect FIFA aren't happy with The English dominating European football but are they singling out the Big 4 ?

I think it's funny, but have to say in all probability most clubs/players are guilty of these 2 offences, so how come they are the only guilty clubs ?

Fair play my arse.
  • Options
    if one of our player's dives on saturday he won't get a 2 game ban... but that's the price that the top clubs pay for the way they dominate media and coverage. They get millions and millions of pounds more than other clubs from tv money, so they have to accept that the added exposure means their players are going to be under a lot more scrutiny than others. They're determined to make themselves into huge brands so they can get yet more money, so if one of their players embarasses that brand they're going to pay a heavier price for it. That's just how it is.

The whole money system keeps the 'big' clubs at the top, so it's hard to feel sympathy for them when one of them finally gets punished for something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]if one of our player's dives on saturday he won't get a 2 game ban... but that's the price that the top clubs pay for the way they dominate media and coverage. They get millions and millions of pounds more than other clubs from tv money, so they have to accept that the added exposure means their players are going to be under a lot more scrutiny than others. They're determined to make themselves into huge brands so they can get yet more money, so if one of their players embarasses that brand they're going to pay a heavier price for it. That's just how it is.

The whole money system keeps the 'big' clubs at the top, so it's hard to feel sympathy for them when one of them finally gets punished for something.

Spot on.
  • Options
    I'm not sympathetic, I'm laughing but it doesn't make it right.

You can't only ban an Arsenal player for diving.

You can't only ban Chelsea from signing new players, when we all know most clubs tap up players.

I think FIFA are on very dodgy ground here.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]shame that couldn't have applied to to W.Ham when they poached Defoe.........can you imagine Harry Rednap not being able to buy anyone for 12 months !!!!!!![/quote]

well said golfie -
  • Options
    My heart bleeds!
  • Options
    Covered End and BBClause are spot on. It is hard to be sympathetic, but there is clearly an agenda to weaken English team's chances in Europe - never seemed to be a problem when the Italians or Spanish were the dominant force. This also flys in the face of Blatter's statements on Ronaldo being a slave when he wanted to cash in at Madrid. I know there was the lame excuse that Blatter was talking of his own opinion, not FIFA's, but if the president is so at odds with the organisation he fronts, shouldn't he be invited to step down?

And why didn't FIFA come down on Chelsea when they nicked Scott Parker? I see little difference in a player walking out on a contract, or threatening to go on strike if he wasn't allowed to leave. Niether situation would have occurred without Chelsea tapping them up, but then Chelsea were not doing so well in Europe then where they...
  • Options
    So who's gonna buy JJ in January now....?