Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

moible phone insurance

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
I have just dropped my g1 phone and cracked the screen. I don't have any insurance, but could I take it out give it a few weeks then make a claim for a new one? Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Can you not claim on household insurance , thats what i would do
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]I have just dropped my g1 phone and cracked the screen. I don't have any insurance, but could I take it out give it a few weeks then make a claim for a new one? Anyone got any ideas?
    Yes you could do that. But not legally. It would be fraudulent misrepresentation.

Uncle's right. Try your household insurance.
  • Options
    Ok guys cheers I will look into it, can't remember what my excess is but will check
  • Options
    insurance is a f-----g waste of time u might as well buy a new 1.
  • Options
    use the old one until you can get free upgrade
  • Options
    i had phone insurance and believe me after all the hassle and wot it cost me i u might as well get a new 1.
  • Options
    put a hoodie on go out on the buses at night find someone with the same phone and nick theirs giveing them the broken one i bet they have insurance so it wont matter will it ;-)
  • Options
    u could always use a phonebox
  • Options
    Check it is not insured with your Bank. If you have Advantage Gold with Natwest or a similar account that you pay a monthly fee for with another bank the chances ae you have phone insurance with your bank account. Although the excess is usually quite high (about £50) this is offset by the fact that you dont ever have to pay for seperate insurance. Some accounts you also get free Travel Insurance and breakdown cover. Check they won't make apoint of telling you!!!!!!
  • Options
    Be honest and just buy a new one? I'm fed up paying extra premiums to cover the costs of fraudulent claims.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]u could always use a phonebox

i always do that when drunk on my way home can never find a lav anywhere
  • Options
    Yes you can claim for a valid loss on your household policy BUT..... and there is always one of them I did just that with water damage to an iphone. Quite how you get water damage to an i phone I have no idea, must be all those calls I make in the swimming pool!. The issue now is premium renewal, our premium has been bumped up ten percent, looked around and oh! you made a claim, well that is now 2 in 5 years, sorry do not want to know. All very well having Insurance for 30 odd years, you make a claim wether it be 'no fault' or small, a claim is a claim these days.

And a friend had a flash flood in the garage, and damaged a running machine, and the 'flood damage' means that he cannot get cover at the top of shooters hill, that well known flood plain, 200 feet above the Thames! Insurance companies don't you just love em!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]insurance is a f
    g waste of time u might as well buy a new 1.

agree with this, way to much hassle....easier to just get a new one