Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keith Waterhouse RIP

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
Keith Waterhouse, author, playwright, and journalist died on Friday aged 80.Amongst many works he wrote Billy Liar,screenplays for A Kind of Loving, Whistle Down The Wind and scripts for That Was the Week That Was , The Frost Report and Budgie. Also brought Worzel Gummidge to life on the stage and T.V. He also started a campaign for the correct use of the apostrophe . He wrote columns for the Daily Mirror and, after a falling out, the Daily Mail. In Who's Who listed his sole recreation as 'Lunch'. RIP

Comments

• Options
    Refused to work for Maxwell - top man.
  • Options
    The children of today, he wrote, were missing out on "falling into ponds, eating poisonous berries, contracting stomach ache from under-ripe stolen apples, getting lost, being bitten by dogs, fighting and starting fires, sitting in cowpats and acquiring bumps the size of a duck egg on their heads".
    Jeffrey Barnard may have been unwell, but he's in my legend book. RIP
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Yeah, used to like him in the Mirror when that was a good paper - long time ago now though :-(
  • Options
    When I used to do amateur dramatics, the first ever play I was in was co-written by Keith & Wills Hall. It was called Celebration. I don't remember much other than I was petrified and the play had it's funny moments (mainly when I wasn't speaking!)

RIP
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Refused to work for Maxwell - top man.[/quote]

Robert maxwell avoids paying taxwell,like many another dirty swine,he kept his money in Lichenstein.
  • Options
    RIP, great writer
  • Options
    RIP, remember his daily mirror columns
    when they had good journo's
  • Options
    Will be missed.
    RIP