Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Graphics Card Help

Over the last few days my PC has been acting up real bad. However, as the internet only got installed in my new house today I've just kinda left it.

Today I upgraded the drivers for my GFX card and hoped that all would be well, I was wrong. My screen still looks like this, with both the resolution and colour totally fooked.

Comments

• Options
    Also when I got to the nVidia website, it tells me this about my drivers:

Update
    Product Current NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS
    Installed Driver --
    Latest Driver GeForce/ION Release 190
    Version: 190.62 WHQL
    Release Date: August 21, 2009

Now the latest driver is what I installed earlier, however it's still not recognising a driver as being there, apprently.
  • Options
    Didn't get much if a tan did ya?
  • Options
    1 - have you rebooted?

2 - you might need to change the screen resolution settings to a higher setting like 1280x1024?

as a thought....
  • Options
    are you sure there the correct drivers too? Are they the ones that come with the Graphics Card?
  • Options
    Yes I've rebooted and the resolution is set as normal at 1024x768, so essentially, it's set correctly just something is stopping it from displaying correctly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Duck-Killer Brown[/cite]are you sure there the correct drivers too? Are they the ones that come with the Graphics Card?

They are the drivers that nvidia tell me to install after I do the search on their website.

I run a NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS, if that helps.
  • Options
    on the toolbar by the clock in the right corner - does clicking on that Red Sheld with the X in it say or do anything?
  • Options
    It's security alerts, telling me my anti virus is out of date, it's not though, vista is just crap.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm thats a right pickle......

Maybe increase the resolution some more?

If not that uninstall the drivers from device manager, reboot it, then reinstall the drivers again and see if that makes any difference? Or let windows download and install the drivers for you?
  • Options
    I think I've managed it now, did exactly that, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted and it seems to have worked, as the nVidia site now recognises the fact I actually ahve a driver of some sort installed!!

Cheers for the help duck killer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A problem shared is a problem solved on this site.... :)
  • Options
    Have you tried switching it off and back on again?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Have you tried switching it off and back on again?

I wish you had an off button!
  • Options
    Its ok medders it sounds like he has done that now and all is ok. Some people just can't get to grips with technology I suppose.
  • Options
    Any Fosters left ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Its ok medders it sounds like he has done that now and all is ok. Some people just can't get to grips with technology I suppose.

Medders solves everything......

[cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Any Fosters left ?
    ;-)

I managed to save a few crates for my birthday tomorrow!