Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question for England fans who go to the games...

I was just thinking about our lack of songs for individual players at the Valley.
And this got me thinking, I've never been to an England game, only watched them on TV but the only chants for individual England players I've ever heard are "ROONEY ROONEY" and "RIO RIO"

Do the England fans have actual songs for anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    Yes there are, but they are sung at away games. Games at Wembley tend to be full of mongs, execs, families etc
  • Options
    So what are they then?
  • Options
    Few years ago when I used to go there was a variety, cannot be arsed to type them out. The United song of I saw my mate the other day.. was created by England fans in Euro 2004.
  • Options
    Emile Heskey has a chant, '...he used to be shite, but now he's alright, walking in a Heskey wonderland'

Theo has a generic one to the same tune as Jonjo Shelvey and a few players get booed.
  • Options
    The National anthem.
  • Options
    Oh right, which player do they sing that to?
  • Options
    I've just seen the white pele
  • Options
    last few times I have gone I have been surrounded by tourists. Bit like going to Man Utd these days. I am going to stick with Northern Ireland games
  • Options
    The only places to watch them is some far eastern european city which has no appeal to most
  • Options
    If Theo Walcott plays, he gets the same tune as Charlton have for Shelvey... Theo Walcott der der der etc, but apart from him, Beckham and Rooney, no one really gets a song.
    The Tourist factor is very annoying, as is the thousands of camera flashes every time Beckham goes anywhere near the corners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]The only places to watch them is some far eastern european city which has no appeal to most
    Indeed, I can't wait until Ukraine away next month, but Amsterdam was fun a few weeks back (I think!)
  • Options
    Wembley games are soul destroying evenings
  • Options
    Would have gone to the Kazakhstan game in June had the Mrs not been pregnant. That's the nearest England game for me.

FTP - I agree Norn Iron games are top drawer. I've flown from here to see them play in Latvia & Slovenia so far. One headcase mate of mine flew from Manila to Ljubliana via HK & Munich for 2 nights only to tear up his ticket in a bar before the game cos the barmaid had the best breasts in Christendom and he'd rather watch them than 22 sweaty blokes running around in the cold!

Outside chance of making the Prague game in Oct. You going?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Yes there are, but they are sung at away games. Games at Wembley tend to be full of mongs, execs, families etc

I would like to make a strong objection on behalf of all mongs.
  • Options
    I went to the match last night and must agree that there was no atmosphere. Not sure whether it would have been the same in the old wembley but thought it was embarrassing quitely....a bit like the covered end...4-0 and you still don't sing!
  • Options
    How can you get tickets for England home games? Do you have to be a member of the supporters club?
  • Options
    www.ticketing.thefa.com
  • Options
    Thanks!