Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Engerland v Croatia

2»

Comments

• Options
    5-1 .... its just like watching Charlton
  • Options
    won on Lampard first goal.
    Gutted I also had a 4-1 repeat victory - stupid goalie !!!!
    Anyone know how many corners - went for 9 and under.
    Still got Terry last goal.
  • Options
    Just saw a chap in a Charlton shirt - 86 mins or so
  • Options
    WERE GOING TO SOUTH AFRICA

ENGLAND TILL I DIE
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

there was only 1 in the first half so surely you won that!
  • Options
    yep won - but dont know the amount there actually was though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]5-1 .... its just like watching Charlton

certainly is ... lots of excellent passing moves
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]im there. should be good, and wearing my charlton shirt.

Well done for going mate but I dont understand people wearing club colours to England games ?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Na i've got a game tonight myself. Cant see it being a thriller, scrappy 1-0, Rooney.

hahahaha how wrong u were

was at the game fantastic atmosphere at the start with the Croatians adding to it
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

there was only 1 in the first half so surely you won that!

According to ESPN there were only 5.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best England Performance at New Wembley so far. Wicked Atymostphere as well which was unusual. Croatia fans that were directly below us backed their team really well all night which added to it. Their fans were surprisingly really friendly after asking our group to pose for photos with them & seemed to take the merciless 5-1 chants from us outside in good spirit. Croatia looked every inch the side that England spanked 4-1 away rather than the one that turned us over twice last time.

Still think we need to play Gerrard in his Club position as the second striker behind main forward for England and play an out & out winger wide left, but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Best England Performance at New Wembley so far. Wicked Atymostphere as well which was unusual. Croatia fans that were directly below us backed their team really well all night which added to it. Their fans were surprisingly really friendly after asking our group to pose for photos with them & seemed to take the merciless 5-1 chants from us outside in good spirit. Croatia looked every inch the side that England spanked 4-1 away rather than the one that turned us over twice last time.

Still think we need to play Gerrard in his Club position as the second striker behind main forward for England and play an out & out winger wide left, but that's just my opinion.

behind Rooney then I take it you mean ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Of Course mate !
  • Options
    just as long as you don't mean Downing as your left winger!!....personally I'd go along with that and have Joe Cole (when fit) on the left...
  • Options
    Decent night out. Impressive atmosphere. And plenty of beer being poured in the Club Wembley area. Bit of hangover this morning.

Gerrard has licence to play in that role alongside Rooney during the game and just drops in on the left hand side when they don't have the ball.
  • Options
    When Charlton are good, England are good. Fact.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]

Of Course mate !

I don't see how playing Gerrard in his club position can work as Rooney operates best in this role as well. If we drop Heskey (or don't play another out and out striker) we'll end up with Rooney and Gerrard supporting noone. I think United are making a mistake this season in asking Rooney to stay up front and not roam around - this is what he does best.
  • Options

Still think we need to play Jonjo in his Club position as the second striker behind main forward for England and play an out & out winger wide left, but that's just my opinion.

Agreed, Ketters !!

;o)
  • Options
    Seeing as we're now there, with last nights starting XI in which order would penalties be taken:
    Lampard
    Gerrard
    Rooney
    Barry
    Lennon ?
    Terry ?
    Cole ?
    Heskey ?
    Johnson ?
    Upson ?
    Green ?
  • Options
    Strange...I thought the atmostphere was embarrassingly quiet from where I was sitting up in the gods. A bit like the covered end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Strange...I thought the atmostphere was embarrassingly quiet from where I was sitting up in the gods. A bit like the covered end.

We were up High above the Croats & there was plenty of singing from the English there. Should of been more I'll grant you, but since we have returned to the New Wembley I have been to every single Euro & World Cup qualifier & last night was the best atmostphere of all of them by miles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Seeing as we're nowthere, with last nights starting XI in which order would penalties be taken:
    Lampard
    Gerrard
    Rooney
    Barry
    Lennon ?
    Terry ?
    Cole ?
    Heskey ?
    Johnson ?
    Upson ?
    Green ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Strange...I thought the atmostphere was embarrassingly quiet from where I was sitting up in the gods. A bit like the covered end.

always sounds shit up the back - i was upper tier but row 6 and the atmosphere was brilliant esp first 20/30

the croats were great as well, their fans ,