Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any accommodation tips for 5 nights in London?

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
I will be back in Europe for work in October & am going to tag on a few nights in London to catch up on friends & family. I want to stay in a hotel or B&B, rather than slumming it on couches or putting up with in-laws etc!!

Anyone know of any good deals or recommendations for hotels/b&bs in or aroubd London, particularly SE London???

Comments

• Options
    what is your budget per night?
  • Options
    Lots of Hotels are doing deals at the moment.
  • Options
    Holiday Inn Express at The Dome is £80 a night - which is pretty good, but maybe there is something better than that?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    If work are picking up the tab what about the Clarendon in Blackheath?

http://www.clarendonhotel.com/

Used to be decent but I am talking about a fair few years ago!
  • Options
    depends on what you don't mind paying and more specifically where location wise you'd prefer to stay
  • Options
    Antigallican is meant to be nice these days. bit noisy Saturday afternoons though
  • Options
    If you want cheap & basic ...... but anonymous, Travel Lodge usually have some really cheap deals.
    There's literally hundreds of them around.

You can book on line.

You pay extra for breakfast or just find the nearest caff for coffee & bacon roll.
  • Options
    Not sure about the Clarendon these days. Great location though.

Travel Lodges are fine but dont turn up late as i heard that they sometimes overbook the rooms.

Try Expedia.com Hotels.com laterooms.com
  • Options
    laterooms.com is your best bet.
  • Options
    Oakster.....the club get preferential rates for overseas supporters....drop SW an email....Suzi set them up before she left the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    got to be the Angerstein Hotel, lol
  • Options
    Blackheath Standard.

162 - quite new

And in St Alfeges passage in greenwich.
    Number 16

I like the Novotel but more expensive - its quite swanky for a novotel and has a gym etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Oakster.....the club get preferential rates for overseas supporters....drop SW an email....Suzi set them up before she left the club.

What a fecking liberty you come over here nick our hotel rooms and dont even pay the same as me, this country has gone to the dogs, i want a general election and i want an mp who will protecet the rights of the stay in England football fan, i may even raise the question at the football trust meeting
  • Options
    Check out the Novetel in Greenwich or the Hamilton house hotel.

Both are pretty good and not too expensive.

If you want something cheaper, the ibis is ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Oakster.....the club get preferential rates for overseas supporters....drop SW an email....Suzi set them up before she left the club.

What a fecking liberty you come over here nick our hotel rooms and dont even pay the same as me, this country has gone to the dogs, i want a general election and i want an mp who will protecet the rights of the stay in England football fan, i may even raise the question at the football trust meeting

Payback time for me NLA after witnessing all the clueless Brits on holidays over here this summer dressed for a Polar expedition despite the temperatures reaching the mid 90s whilst trying to stroke and hand feed Grizzly Bears!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions - some excellent suggestions in there! I forgot about the Ibis in Greenwich - thats a really handy place to stay..............

Curb-it - i am sure that place in St Alfeges Passage is a gay B&B?!?!?
  • Options
    It certainly is. You may even get to stay in Alfe's passage.
  • Options
    it is gay friendly but dont think you have to be gay to stay there surely! The standard one the rooms are small. An if you read reviews the ibis has some poor ones. Has bad rep. There is also davenport house.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]it is gay friendly but dont think you have to be gay to stay there surely! The standard one the rooms are small. An if you read reviews the ibis has some poor ones. Has bad rep. There is also davenport house.

I remember watching that Hotel Inspector show about the St Alf's B&B...............I used to use the Ibis for business clients who were visiting London and they did grumble about it being shabby etc
  • Options
    Carrington House SE8 ?
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah good old carrington house, got taken on a tour round there once when I worked for the social about a quarter of a century ago. I wonder if any of the 'clients' there that day are still alive, I doubt it. One of the things that sticks in the mind about the area. Still think it was a cut above the den, or the new den coming to think about it, when you consider a des res in that part of London. The stench used to reach Greenwich, especially when we used to palm the winos off to the unemployment office in the old Greenwich town hall 5 minutes before closing on a Friday.
  • Options
    Sorry oakstee, not much help reminisces of carrington house or the various resettlement units of SE London I visited over the years. But it really depends on what you want in London and if you are happy to stay away from the çentre and but a weekly travel card it might be better than slumming it in central London or SE8!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Sorry oakstee, not much help reminisces of carrington house or the various resettlement units of SE London I visited over the years. But it really depends on what you want in London and if you are happy to stay away from the çentre and but a weekly travel card it might be better than slumming it in central London or SE8!

There is a similar "luxury hotel" - off the Woolwich Road - on the corner of the flyover, next to the East Greenwich Fire station of old. The Greenwich Hotel I believe is it's name....
  • Options
    What about Maison Prior?? offer him a few quid ya tight git. I hope you will be popping my to see Jr
  • Options
    I know a lovely place about 10 minutes from the tunnel, really nice chalet rooms on farm land but its this side of the tunnel (the nice side) little Village called Bulphan £30 a night. Might also be handy for anyone doing the Southend away
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kodfish[/cite]Lots of Hotels are doing deals at the moment.

Stop being tight and give the man free accommodation...LOL. After all, he's Charlton
  • Options
    Go to Brighton it's better
  • Options
    travel lodge in bexleyheath LOL
  • Options
    5 nights in London Hotel that will need a mortgage taking out to pay for better of stying with my mate in Deptford he will put you up for a tenner a night :-)
  • Options
    The Royal Victoria and Bull Hotel in Dartford ?