Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sold out gig tickets

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
Anyone know a good place to get tickets for a gig that has been sold out without paying a fortune?

desperate to see Mumford and Sons. They are at the Scala Kings Cross and the Forum in Tonbridge Wells but alas, all sold out!

Comments

• Options
    Mumford and Sons are ace. You could always get hold of a decent DSLR and try and get a press pass. Its worked for me before. Try contacting the venue direct and also try going via the promoters. Also try and find out who the support act are and see if you can get a press pass or guestlist through them. You'd be suprised what you can get away with. I might try Tonbridge Wells myself.
  • Options
    www.seatwave.com
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Mumford and Sons are ace. You could always get hold of a decent DSLR and try and get a press pass. Its worked for me before. Try contacting the venue direct and also try going via the promoters. Also try and find out who the support act are and see if you can get a press pass or guestlist through them. You'd be suprised what you can get away with. I might try Tonbridge Wells myself.

I'll be your assistant! lol!
  • Options
    Had some luck with these 'ethical seat sellers'

http://www.scarletmist.com/default.asp
  • Options
    Scarlett Mist it cool. Used them a number of times and always paid face value.
  • Options
    those ones are pretty good, or try the bands fans' forum if they have one or gumtree
  • Options
    I've had more luck waiting till nearer the time of the gig and then going on fans forums or the bands facebook pages and you generally get someone who finds out last minute they can't go. Also worth keeping an eye on eBay from time to time as you can still get tickets much cheaper on there than through sites like seatwave.
  • Options
    Managed to get a couple of freebies after joining the facebook fan group.

Great band, seem a little in shock at all their success!

Keep an eye out for them and king charles, if they get their act together, they'll be big.
  • Options
    I got a ticket for some sold out show that cost me £15.20 and can sell it on Seatwave for £75, now hows that for a profit :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]I got a ticket for some sold out show that cost me £15.20 and can sell it on Seatwave for £75, now hows that for a profit :)
    Nath you're single handedly killing the music industry