Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Cuthbertson RIP

edited September 2009 in Not Sports Related
Somehow missed this at the time but Ian Cuthbertson, actor, died on 4th.September. By an odd coincidence that's the same day that Keith Waterhouse passed on and Waterhouse created Cuthbertson's best known role as the crafty and sometimes violent villain Charlie Endall in Budgie in the '70s. He was also the 'framed' father in 'The Railway Children', appearing out of clouds of steam as the lovely Jenny Agutter ran towards him. A fine actor, RIP.

Comments

• Options
    rip

Budgie what a great show.
  • Options
    Didn't see this news - Agree Henners, Budgie was a good TV show.

Some good 'uns have gone this year - rip.
  • Options
    Also, the chap who played Charlie Endall's henchman 'Laughing Spam Fritter' in 'Budgie', also played Gimli the dwarf in the Rings trilogy: John Rhys Davies. (he is alive and well, I believe!).
  • Options
    Bob Mills used to play the theme tune to Budgie on his late night radio show occasionally a few years ago, bringing back vague memories of the series with him and Adam Faith, also rip. Must get dvd boxset
    Billy Liar, brilliant book and never tire of watching that film
  • Options
    I thought he always showed his name as Iain - as in the Scottish variant.

Excellent character actor though.

RIP
  • Options
    Wasn't he the villain in supergran as well?

Charlie Endell was a great character, I must agree.
  • Options
    I remember he played a baliff in Minder & Arthur told him to stick it up his "pea broth"!