Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question for Bookworms

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]its even harder for me - my books are in braille.

No problem, just get one of the passengers to hold the wheel for you. Kids love stuff like that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I find it hard, when eating a sandwich & drinking coffee,turning the page whilst driving...........

Jam your mobile in-between your ear and shoulder. I find this works and often draws admiring looks and gestures from other road users who are no doubt impressed with my dexterity.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Thanks for the review Rodney.

No probs...it's mainly pics of various dug outs. Very random ones at that (think Fisher feature in it) and a couple of paragraphs of text beside the picture if i remember rightly.

You can have my copy for nothing if you want as ive only flicked through it once so good as new.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]its even harder for me - my books are in braille.

No problem, just get one of the passengers to hold the wheel for you. Kids love stuff like that.
    My passenger's usually busy mixing me drinks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

That sounds dangerous. What if you spill any of the drink on Gillian Taylforth?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

That sounds dangerous. What if you spill any of the drink on Gillian Taylforth?[/quote] Haha.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Heard today of a book devoted to the subject of football ground 'Dugouts', i.e those little structures that the 'magic sponge' man bangs his head on as he leaps out to tend to one of his players who's dying on the pitch. Don't know any details but I imagine it's similar to the Simon Inglis type of books on football grounds etc. Anyone heard of it or even read it? Wondered if it's worth putting on the Christmas list along with Sir Lennie's. Oh, I was also told Curbs has written the introduction bit.[/quote]

I got it bought for me last year along with Roundabouts of Great Britain (Does what it says on the tin). It's not war and peace and wont win the Booker prize but a stocking filler.[/quote]

Reminds me of a small tome I read not so long ago about the history of the M25. Many laughed at the title, but few enjoyed the delights inside the cover.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Would that have been entitled 'The M25 Clockwise' JiMMy, if so it's a book what my brother (Roy) wrote whilst driving round it many, many times. See, not only can you read books on the M'way, you can write them too! Thanks for the offer Rodney, but I think I'll give this one a miss after all, cheers.
  • Options

The RNIB especially trained my guide dog to do this for me whilst I'm reading/driving.
  • Options
    New book being serialised in the Times this week (on sale from Oct.15th.): '50 People Who Fouled Up Football' by sports columnist Michael Henderson. First instalment featured Alan Green, 'Tune in to Radio 5 Live by day or night, and you will hear Mr. Toad in human form. Mr. Green sounds so tremendously pleased with the sound of his own voice..........'. Also featured Sir Alf ' English suspicion of the exotic was pure ignorance. The Dutch were changing football and only the English affected not to notice'....... 'Ramsey cannot be held entirely responsible for that but the rot set in on his watch when he sent out cloggers like Peter Storey to silence ball-players like Netzer.'

George Best gets it too '........One might have thought the departed had been a great man, not an abnormally gifted footballer who had drowned his talent in a vat of booze......' Along with Gordon Taylor of the PFA....'The PFA seems to have spent more time assisting troublemakers rather than their victims.....'

Tomorrow it's Bill Shankley's turn, with plenty more to come (obviously) , looks like a lot of ruffled feathers on the way!