Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew's pot virtually empty

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
"We've got virtually nothing to spend, so the directors have got together and said 'we'll try and help a little'," Murray said. "We're not all like Roman Abramovich unfortunately; we're small businessmen in our own fields but we'll put a little bit together so at least he can try to strengthen. We'll wheel and deal and there will be a little bit of money so we can bring maybe three or four signings in to freshen things up."

Comments

• Options
    What a disaster Dowie was. Nearly £12 million down the bog.

Poor Les and poor Pards.
  • Options
    fair play to the board, they cocked up with the dowie/reed fiasco but they're prepared to dig into their own pockets to try and help the club out, imo i don't think they are innit to make a quick buck it is purely for their love of CHARLTON. It's easy to say 'buy new players' but someome has to foot the bill and they do shield the cost from the fans as much as they can
  • Options
    not if pardew can motivate dowie's signings and get them to play to their full ability

i still believe that diawara can do a job, and faye too. it wasn't too long ago we were saying that diawara reminded us of rufus, 2 games later he was a laughing stock not sure if he was flukey the first couple of games, or now lacking in confidence massively. the last couple of games have definately not helped the whole team.
    faye hasn't had a good time of it recently, but i thought he was quite strong the first few games fro us, the only one i think is weak is traore and he's got more to prove to me that he's worthy of the shirt. the others i hope will gain in confidence again and become good and then it'll only be a waste of a couple of mil and not 11!
  • Options
    "wheel and deal" -darren bent?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not if pardew can motivate dowie's signings and get them to play to their full ability

i still believe that diawara can do a job, and faye too. it wasn't too long ago we were saying that diawara reminded us of rufus, 2 games later he was a laughing stock not sure if he was flukey the first couple of games, or now lacking in confidence massively. the last couple of games have definately not helped the whole team.
    faye hasn't had a good time of it recently, but i thought he was quite strong the first few games fro us, the only one i think is weak is traore and he's got more to prove to me that he's worthy of the shirt. the others i hope will gain in confidence again and become good and then it'll only be a waste of a couple of mil and not 11!

Good point!

If Pardew can motivate them it may turn out ok. Can he though? That is the question.
  • Options
    i think getting someone else in was always going to give the players a lift rather than promoting from within when the morale was at an all time low. reed was as unhappy about the positions we were in with dowie as the players were, so how can you motivate 20 fellas when you're not that cheery about it yourself?
    pardew will come in with fresh impetus and he'll have more of a desire to get results, prove to west ham, to the charlton board and to us fans that he can do it. les reed didn't have that, as everyone knew he was a nice guy bug he was just missing the "grrrrr"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i think getting someone else in was always going to give the players a lift rather than promoting from within ...

For similar reasons one has to be concerned that Robson's days are numbered - it may well be best if Pards brings in his own no.2

(so to speak!!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]not if pardew can motivate dowie's signings and get them to play to their full ability

Exactly. Diawara started okay, but his confidence is probably shot to pieces, and Faye can definitely do a job.

The future starts here (and we'll conveniently forget about Traore).