Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cleaning filth off shower screens

2»

Comments

• Options
    Buy a new shower!
  • Options
    Start watching How Clean is your House on C4 Thursday nights. Excellent tips in there to clean stuff without knackering yourself out!

Kim and Aggies advice for cleaning a shower:

Shower enclosures: Save yourself a world of scrubbing by keeping a squeegee in the bathroom and go over the shower glass after each shower. Once the soap scum and limescale have set in, melt them away with a squirt of vinegar solution – half water and half clear vinegar. Really persistent scuzz can be attacked with two parts washing soda to one part vinegar or lemon juice. Apply this paste with a damp cloth, leave for 10 minutes then sponge off and rinse.
  • Options
    Showered is now equipped with a squeegee at the end, non metal so it don't rust and look like Bobby Sands has been in there.

Tell you what, I'm going to make that scroat take a chamois leather in there how much hassle that was cleaning the bastid!

What can I say chaps, I'm a house-proud gentleman who watches Kim & Aggie...... My god I think I'm turning to the dark side!!!
  • Options
    Kim and Aggie... now there's a 'Would ya?' if ever I saw one...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]Start watching How Clean is your House on C4 Thursday nights. Excellent tips in there to clean stuff without knackering yourself out!

Kim and Aggies advice for cleaning a shower:

Shower enclosures: Save yourself a world of scrubbing by keeping a squeegee in the bathroom and go over the shower glass after each shower. Once the soap scum and limescale have set in, melt them away with a squirt of vinegar solution – half water and half clear vinegar. Really persistent scuzz can be attacked with two parts washing soda to one part vinegar or lemon juice. Apply this paste with a damp cloth, leave for 10 minutes then sponge off and rinse.

Do you want to put those tips into practice and come and do mine? I would then really save myself a world of scrubbing ;-)
  • Options
    I think you've all got this wrong. If he's got himself a new bint then surely she should be doing the cleaning - particularly if she's not happy with the standard.

Start as you mean to go on mate - go straight back in there and cover the screen with shit again and buy her a cloth. You know it makes sense.
  • Options
    I'm with off_it on this one ..... Right up to the point of putting shit on the screen ;-)
  • Options
    Household Ammonia........

You can get a bottle that is 9% ammonia from Homebase. Whatever you do, do not sniff it. I did it accidently and was left with a burning sensation in my nose and throat for days. Also had pain behind my eyes for a night.

I use it to prime the filter when starting a fish tank. My mother in law still washes her floor with it. Won't use anything else.

It tells you how to mix/dillute it on the back of the bottle. The stuff is absolutely brutal and will clean anything!.

I don't recommend you cultivate your own though.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I'm with off_it on this one ..... Right up to the point of putting shit on the screen ;-)

There was some right shit on the screen on SS1 on Sunday.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I'm with off_it on this one ..... Right up to the point of putting shit on the screen ;-)

There was some right shit on the screen on SS1 on Sunday.

;o)

Didn't watch SS1 sunday , it dont intrest me watching the same teams on sky week in and week out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You give it one weekend round this place and it will be lovingly restored to it's former state for her to have a bash at.

Both sides of it I have no doubt