Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chas and Dave split up

2»

Comments

• Options
    He'll be back!
  • Options
    Im telling you mate I'd rather,
    with the Costa Brava,
    have a day down margate with all my family.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    True English music legends i grew up thinking what the fook had me old man been drinking when he used to put the LPs on but now i love them me and NLJR drive the better half mental with them

very peed off this morning about this

John Boy did you ever go in the memory lane spurs club on tottenham high road before the game they were regulars in there along with Sammy jessop and friends (boys we could do with a bit of that i tell thee b4 a match).

it was run by Swainey and was Labrynth in the evening.. top club day and night always had a lot of the spurs boys in.
  • Options
    Chas is going to continue gigging. Be honest if only one of them was to carry on in the biz, you'd rather Chas than Dave wouldn't you?

Gertcha!
  • Options
    Gutted, saw them in the eighties in Northampton - top entertainers!
  • Options
    Saw them down the Tramshed in the 80's, they used to get the whole crowd to shout "Bollocks!", even my Nan joined in.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]John Boy did you ever go in the memory lane spurs club on tottenham high road before the game they were regulars in there along with Sammy jessop and friends (boys we could do with a bit of that i tell thee b4 a match).

Only ever really drank in The British Queen (by WHL Station but has closed now), The Corner Pin (pub on the corner by the Park Lane end), The Bell and Hare (next to the Corner Pin), The Bricklayers Arms and The Bill Nicholson.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Saw them down the Tramshed in the 80's, they used to get the whole crowd to shout "Bollocks!", even my Nan joined in.

Did that when I saw them, and I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder Chirps, sitting here with a big smile on my face now.
  • Options
    We've all taken the pish out of them over the years for various reasons but no doubting their impact on English music in lots of ways.

Was sad to hear about Dave's wife's passing and the effect it's had on him but it was heartwarming listening to Chas talking so fondly about him on the radio yesterday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]John Boy did you ever go in the memory lane spurs club on tottenham high road before the game they were regulars in there along with Sammy jessop and friends (boys we could do with a bit of that i tell thee b4 a match).

Only ever really drank in The British Queen (by WHL Station but has closed now), The Corner Pin (pub on the corner by the Park Lane end), The Bell and Hare (next to the Corner Pin), The Bricklayers Arms and The Bill Nicholson.

I used to drink in British queen used to meet up with the Aberdeen boys in there great boozer for afters that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suppose this is gonna be one of those 'Do you remember where you were the day Chas and Dave split up?' moments in ones life...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]I suppose this is gonna be one of those 'Do you remember where you were the day Chas and Dave split up?' moments in ones life...

OnLine reading "CharltonLife".
  • Options
    I'm just not emotionally ready for this thread to disappear just yet.

Today I rediscovered Ain't No Pleasing You after 25 years, and it's jsut the most bloody beautiful piece of work. Especially those strings.... It knocks anything Madness tried to do in the same vein into a tin hat. Turns me straight back into a 14 year old trying to get my Gran out of the Lord Herbert before she swings for someone, generally Fishy Bill the Woolwich Arsenal station black cab driver who never forgave her for her Dalmatian biting him in the privates.

Some songs just put you straight back there.

And us trying to get back into the second division as well.
  • Options
    boo hoo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't you lot see a PR excercise when you see one. Give it a few months then Dave will return in a series of comeback performances around the Gala bingo circuit. Then on to the O2 ,millenium stadium then Madison square Gardens.
    seen it all before.

Be'ave yourself grandad or won't be comin' dahn t'margit.