Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'Beer' at la Valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]The beer in the Lower North is awful but i'm to lazy to make any kind of proper complaint.
    But mart look on the bright side, since relegation we haven't had to queue for it ;-)
  • Options
    The beer is overpriced muck and not being able to smoke even in open air areas. Are the club trying to cut their matchday income?
    (i'm a non-smoker by the way)
  • Options
    Had to get a pint changed last game, no arguments but it was still crap!!
    Better then it being constantly topped up in the rain though!!
    Looking forward to a nice cold bottle......
  • Options
    Can't see the beer being cold. How many pints do they normally sell? Can't see them having fridge space for 10,00ish bottles.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i think the smoking thing is the law (as in even at football grounds) so their hands are tied...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]johns smiths is muck, but according to Suze only me n a couple of others want good beer...

:D

Not sure that's true. I don't think I said that although when I asked for issues to be raised I get asked the same questions.

Hopefully soon the FF will do some kind of market reasearch to find out what everyone wants.

Real ale is a no go due to expiry dates although what about real ale from plastic bottles? Is there such a thing?
  • Options
    I had a lovely pint at half time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I had a lovely pint at half time.

The pint of Fosters i had before the game was terrible.

As i walked away with it i realised they were now selling bottles. Any better? Cold?

£2.95 for 330ml by the way.
  • Options
    The pints of fosters were much more expensive than that last night . Bought 4 but got charged for 5 somehow
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]The pints of fosters were much more expensive than that last night . Bought 4 but got charged for 5 somehow

mwaaaahhhhh :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my bottle of Fosters at half time was nice and cold and tasted much better than the pints...dunno how much it was cause I didn't buy it.
  • Options
    (how do you quote on to a following page?)

"Posted By: razil
    johns smiths is muck, but according to Suze only me n a couple of others want good beer...

Suze said: not sure that's true. I don't think I said that although when I asked for issues to be raised I get asked the same questions.

Hopefully soon the FF will do some kind of market reasearch to find out what everyone wants.

Real ale is a no go due to expiry dates although what about real ale from plastic bottles? Is there such a thing?"

I think something like Pride would do and that has quite a long shelf life, plastic is a good question. Its a shame we can't do some sort of link up with the Meantime brewery down the road.

Also as you possibly suggested market research might be a good idea.

:)
  • Options
    Some joined up thinking is needed :-)
  • Options
    How about something like this:
    http://www.realalepub.co.uk/

That way there should be minimal wastage, no need for additional pumps, etc. Could be done on a trial basis with no risk, would be great.
  • Options
    filtered bottled ales have a much longer shelf life, the trick in my view would be to find a source who would bottle both something like this and a lager in plastic, which would allow fast service and self pouring.

I think its worth doing as you would if successful hugely up the bar take at the Valley, but as I said elsewhere its all about the whole experience. Speed, quality and price.

Beer only queues, with correct change only perhaps, with pre pouring of whatever substances currently available although not ideal would be a very good starting point, and could be done right away with no issue.
  • Options
    I enjoyed my ice cold Bulmers. Did have to buy two at a time though.

Lot of people didn't realise they were selling bottles i think, i was asked a couple of times if had sneaked them in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite](how do you quote on to a following page?)

johns smiths is muck, but according to Suze only me n a couple of others want good beer...

Suze said: not sure that's true. I don't think I said that although when I asked for issues to be raised I get asked the same questions.

Real ale is a no go due to expiry dates although what about real ale from plastic bottles? Is there such a thing?"

I think something like Pride would do and that has quite a long shelf life, plastic is a good question. Its a shame we can't do some sort of link up with the Meantime brewery down the road.

Razil, that meantime beer is one of my favourites. If they served that up at the valley i would be a very happy addick!
  • Options
    Think there were a few people feeling the effects of the Bulmers.

One bloke in the U.N was well lagging. When he tried to start a rendition of V.F.R, he got they key wrong and ended up singing it in Soprano!! Hahaha!!
  • Options
    I have a conspiracy theory of sorts. Funny how the Valley have decided to start selling bottles in the run up to the Millwall game when every pub in SE7 will be forced to close. I presume on the 19th of December the only place you'll be able to get a drink will be in the ground. They'll absolutely rake it in.

Coincidence?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite](how do you quote on to a following page?)

Razil, that meantime beer is one of my favourites. If they served that up at the valley i would be a very happy addick!

Spot on, great stuff. I’d probably stop going in the Con Club and drink at the ground instead if they sold Meantime
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    id love em to get some guiness in but imagine how long that would take id be there till the next home game.
  • Options
    I hope they took the lids off the bottles.
    In the wrong hands these can become extremely dangerous missiles.
    Coins / seats / burgers from that 1950s wheelbarrow opposite the North Stand, on the other hand, are quite harmless objects.
  • Options
    Allot of fans of other clubs, say they used to love coming to Charlton as we served Stella. When did that stop anyone out of interest?
  • Options
    Went out in Shoreditch last night and they sold Meantime pale ale in The Light on Bishopsgate and pilsner in some pub at the top of Commercial Road. The word is spreading !