Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Just had another thought if you compared them with say Barnsley as an away day then Blackpool are leagues ahead. Just because the locals are reasonably friendly and welcoming but you go to a place like Barnsley and they are the most arrogant bunch of loosers i have ever had the displeasure of coming across Bristols another one of those (not Rovers City). But Blackpool good fans good club good football good luck to them.

Disagree. We went Barnsley away the season before last and had a whale of a time with the Barnsley supporters singing England songs 'till the wee small hours. Great bunch of Lads.
  • Options
    Now their a Premiership outfit well done lads and Holloway throughly deserved.
  • Options
    They deserved it.
    Good game to watch
  • Options
    Big Jace - back in the Prem !!!
  • Options
    Remember the match against Leicester at home...one way traffic of beautiful flowing football, and they lost 2-0. I know Ian Holloway is a bit of a loose cannon, but I like his passion and that he sticks to playing football. Well done Mr Holloway.
  • Options
    90 million quid....... security for the club for the forseable.. ground development... actually get a training ground, sounds like they have been training down at the park, man... some players...

Jealous!!!!
  • Options
    If they play their cards right for a couple of years its hard to see Charlton ever catching up such is the gap in terms of money now. :0(
  • Options
    Holloway's smashed !!!
  • Options
    This could totally be us in 2013
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If they play their cards right for a couple of years its hard to see Charlton ever catching up such is the gap in terms of money now. :0(

But doesn't their success prove it is not just a question of money? We just need to appoint a decent manager in the next few years and we have every chance of catching up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If they play their cards right for a couple of years its hard to see Charlton ever catching up such is the gap in terms of money now. :0(

But doesn't their success prove it is not just a question of money? We just need to appoint a decent manager in the next few years and we have every chance of catching up.

And a year ago you would have approved of Charlton appointing Ian Holloway ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]

A year ago I would have been ecstatic if Charlton had appointed a new manager! Regardless of who it was.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]

A year ago I would have been ecstatic if Charlton had appointed a new manager! Regardless of who it was.

Not what I asked. Hardly straight out of the Arsenne Wenger school of management !
  • Options
    Well done Blackpool , reminded me of charlton in the late 90s , adam is their Mendonca . Might take another 5 years but under the correct leadership im sure we can do it again!
  • Options
    bloody glad they did it would hate to see those welsh twats in the prem, poxy club poxy fans poxy country
  • Options
    Could not agree more NLA.

Bumped into a few of the Orange in town this morning and wished them the best of English.
  • Options
    Blackpool for whom I have a very big soft spot for have achieved nothing short of a miracle, I really believe that this is a footballing achievement that ranks right up there in the higher echelons of footballing achievements. 2007 a League 1 club 2010 a Premier League club, an inspiration to all and thoroughly deserved on the day too. I hope the Pool give the overpaid bigwigs plenty of bloody noses in 2010/11. Cardiff were poor and their fans just did not rally behind them in the way you might have imagined. The Blackpool fans never stopped making a din, the team never gave up.
  • Options
    Well done Blackpool. Let the squad who got to the Premier League have their season in the sun, add some young lower league talent and start building properly in 2011.
  • Options
    thing is is this gap that they are creating with the money, im sure exactly the same was said about us when we came back down, and the same has been said about al the money Liverpool have spent and stilll not achieved...

What today showed is what can be achieved with an iron will and an incredible team spirit....

Will we ever get there again, who knows, all I do know is that all I want for christmas is a team that is in the Championship and not under threat of falling out of existence...
  • Options
    I hope Parky was watching that interview with Holloway. He said that we he first started in management he believed in playing attacking football. His philosophy then changed for many years. However after being sacked by Leicester he went away and re evaluated the way he thought about how the game should be played. I understand he modeled his team on the way Swansea played under Roberto Martinez of whom he is a big fan.
    What a delight to see a team playing good open attacking football. having belief in their own ability (thanks to Holloway) and playing proper football they way it was always meant to be played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know where I can watch / download this game?
  • Options
    Its on sky anytime if you have sky+ mate go to menu screen and press the anytime button on there for another couple of days.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I have really disliked Blackpool since they relegated us with a 5-1 victory and former Charlton manager Bob Stokoe said it was the best day of his life. However one has to forgive and forget so well done to Blackpool.

With regard to Holloway, I would not have wanted him as manager in the same way as I would not have had Roy Hodgson after Curbs left ... oh how wrong could I be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Its on sky anytime if you have sky+ mate go to menu screen and press the anytime button on there for another couple of days.

Not an option available to me as I don't live in the UK
  • Options
    I would not hold any Charlton relegation against any particular team, to quote a cliche- it's what you do over a season that does you in, that would have been true in '72 and it was true in '09.
    I hope Blackpool prove them all wrong and stick around. With a decent bit of work to get Bloomfield Road up to scratch (realistically a 20k capacity minimum) they could get crowds similar to the likes of Wigan Athletic and historically are definately a bigger club than them, with due respect to Wigan everyone said they would be gone after 1 season yet despite low (ish) crowds and general indifference in the area Wigan are still there and are accepted as part of the inevitable Premier League scene year in year out. If teams expect to go to Blackpool and get it easy I think they will be in for a nasty shock.
  • Options
    see them going down with a shameful amount of points. hope so for some strange reason.
  • Options
    LOL Nolly its cos they are not us. I also know what you mean re the points thingy i hope they do well but unfortunatly i can see them getting less than i think Sunderland have the lowest ever points record in the league??
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]LOL Nolly its cos they are not us. I also know what you mean re the points thingy i hope they do well but unfortunatly i can see them getting less than i think Sunderland have the lowest ever points record in the league??

Derby got 11 points 2 or 3 years back.
    I actually think Blackpool will start off ok as their novelty factor will see them win a couple of games similar to Burnley this season. Teams won't fancy going to their place, but eventually their lack of squad depth and any decent defenders will show them up and they'll start to lose games 4/5/6-0.
    If they can get 25 points they'll have done well.
  • Options
    A fully enclosed ground is going to take out the North Wind factor and cost them. I'll expect them to pick up a few wins at the start and ultimately finish 20th. They're do better than Derby did and when they come down they'll be a force in the championship, unlike previous seasons.