Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod delighted with Addicks career revival

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4651726.McLeod_delighted_with_Addicks_career_revival/

Comments

• Options
    hardly a bloody revival one goal woopy doo
  • Options
    But a mental barrier has come down inside McLeod's head.

At least all the Charlton players were made up for him.
    I though that was real team spirit!
  • Options
    I think he could be great in this league, pace, strength and proven at this level just needs some confidence...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RufusNo5[/cite]I think he could be great in this league, pace, strength and proven at this level just needs some confidence...

Confidence - that's all.
  • Options
    Reading his comments you can see why he was kept and Dickson was the one who got loaned out
  • Options
    Well done with the tap in McLeod, hopefully there's more to come.
  • Options
    That tap in was just what he needed.

He's definitly got the pace to be a threat one way or another, especially at this level. Even in the Championship i quite liked the way he worried defenders, the 2 penaltys he won against norwich (?) when he came on for the last 5 minutes being a prime example.
  • Options
    Good on him dont listen to the haters Izale at least you have personal milestone out the way.
  • Options
    Well, Izzy's attitude is proving 1st class .... I'm well pleased for him. So were all the Charlton players.
    No doubt he's got their backing.
  • Options
    It's a poor title from the journo, but the positivity beams out of it. That can only be a good thing, good on you Izale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But why did the idiot take off his shirt when he scored? That's already his 3rd booking of the season, which must be close to a record for bookings per minutes on the pitch.

With all the practice that players seem to put into their goal celebrations nowadays, you'd think they would come up with something else by now, when they know it means an automatic booking.

Apart from bringing him closer to a suspension, I don't think it does the club any favours. I suspect some refs look at the bookings stats and prejudge whether they are going to clamp down on a team or not, and we've got 21 bookings this season. So I hope the club automatically fine him for being so daft.
  • Options
    well pleased for him and great to see all the outfield players go over and celebrate with him. It may have been a tap in and his first for ages but he has worked hard and has much to offer the team imo, hopefully his confidence will shoot up and unlike Burton (sorry to say), If if if we go up, McLeod could cut it in the Championship
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: danny777[/cite] So I hope the club automatically fine him for being so daft.
    That will be good for the confidence!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: danny777[/cite]But why did the idiot take off his shirt when he scored? That's already his 3rd booking of the season, which must be close to a record for bookings per minutes on the pitch.

With all the practice that players seem to put into their goal celebrations nowadays, you'd think they would come up with something else by now, when they know it means an automatic booking.

Apart from bringing him closer to a suspension, I don't think it does the club any favours. I suspect some refs look at the bookings stats and prejudge whether they are going to clamp down on a team or not, and we've got 21 bookings this season. So I hope the club automatically fine him for being so daft.

Sorry, Danny ..... but you have to put yourself inside the head of the player.

This is the lad who signed for a million squid and couldn't hit a barn door from handshaking distance.
    His composure and confidence was shot and, after just one scrambled goal in more than 2 years, he probably thought he'd never score again.

Izzy has really put his back into it this year, and you can see from the way he's been playing that he's lean, mean and hungry. But he still hadn't scored.

So the relief he felt and the sheer release of emotion, no doubt felt like a lottery jackpot win.
    And felt by all his team mates, who ran over to show just how pleased they were for him.
  • Options
    Couldn't have put it better myself Oggy. The look on that boy's face when he got his goal was more than enough confirmation that it meant EVERYTHING to him. Taking off yr shirt is unnecessary, but I perhaps think his mind was elsewhere at the exact moment his took it off. Yes players know it's an auto yellow these days, but I personally think that yellow card is worth it if that boy get's back 10% of the confidence he's lost.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I am made up for him. Imagine how all his many detractors will feel if despite himself, he turns out to be a decent striker after all? The moaning will be heard as far as The Championship.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Well done with the tap in McLeod, hopefully there's more to come.

Although it was a relatively easy chance, he still had to hit the back of the net,miss the keeper and the defender on the line. How many times have we complained about strikers failing to do the easy bit, Lisbie, Marcus Bent, JJ. lets give him some credit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8277440.stm

Any player taking his shirt off these days is just plain daft. McLeod is now on 3 bookings, he could get the opportunity to replace Burton either through injury or international call up or whatever, he now may jeopardise that opportunity by getting his 4th and 5 th booking, giving mcenzie,if fit the opportunity.
  • Options
    What Oggy said.

Good on yer Izale. I hope it's the first of many more!