Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds united fan.

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Good to see both Charlton and Leeds in top spots. Personally I think we can use each others performance to push ourselves up the table. I don't really care if Charlton finish first or we do, as long as we end up in the top 2. Could be a good thing in a way for us to cheer you on when you play the likes of Mk Dons,Brizzle Rovers and Huddersfield so we can make this a 2 horse race and break away from the pack and I expect all these teams to be up there come May. Exciting as it sounds I don't want to be one of about 5 teams that have broken away this season.
Can't believe we are top.I don't think we have played our best football yet and we were rubbish at MK on saturday despite the win. Dons impressed me in the first half and play some lovely stuff.

Should be a cracker when we play you soon. How's sodje doing btw?

Comments

• Options
    Don't cheer us and we wont cheer you, I prefer it that way!

Cheers......oh bollox!!!
  • Options
    I think you are correct - we can use each other to spur us on and hopefully open up a decent gap on the others.
    Probably all of us and probably all of you would very gladly accept second place, so I was quite happy for you to be franchise - would've prefereed the draw though!

Sodje's only had five minutes so far, but should be a regular soon.
  • Options
    I agree with you really Spainboy, I think that the sooner we can break away from the rest the better, obviously I hope we break further away than your chaps, hopefully after saturday we will be starting to ;0)
  • Options
    However we have loaned a striker to Bristol Rovers that will keep them in the running D'Oh
  • Options
    Very very true
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: robroy[/cite]However we have loaned a striker to Bristol Rovers that will keep them in the running D'Oh

Like he did on Saturday!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sodje did header of the season on Saturday....and that's all he's done. Only played for 3 minutes so far....but what a header! I cheered that louder than the 2nd goal!

PS: I reckon we should want Dickson to get a few goals. Who knows...a few injuries and we might need him 2nd half of the season. Stranger things have happened....
  • Options
    There are plenty of other teams i would rather cheer or have going up with us. Leeds certainly aint one i would want to cheer would like to see them drop like a stone and leave us at the top alone. We dont need leeds to help us push on, surely getting in the championship is a big enough reason to push on
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]There are plenty of other teams i would rather cheer or have going up with us. Leeds certainly aint one i would want to cheer would like to see them drop like a stone and leave us at the top alone. We dont need leeds to help us push on, surely getting in the championship is a big enough reason to push on

here here unc! lol well sed
  • Options
    agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'You can throw your medals and caps and pot and pans in the dustbin, you won them by bloody cheating'

Brian Clough
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]'You can throw your medals and caps and pot and pans in the dustbin, you won them by bloody cheating'

Brian Clough

"Piss off!"

Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Johny Giles
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]'You can throw your medals and caps and pot and pans in the dustbin, you won them by bloody cheating'

Brian Clough

"Piss off!"

Billy Bremner, Norman Hunter, Johny Giles

Quality
  • Options
    They cheated for them !? :-O "I didn't see it"

Arsene Wenger. :-)
  • Options
    i quite like dirty leeds always have always will
  • Options
    Watched the damned united on Friday excellent film. Great casting. Did revie really snub clough like that in the cup? And is that what started the rivalry?
  • Options
    I'm watching the film on DVD at this very moment! There was always speculation about Clough and why he was so anti-Revie. I don't think that it was ever properly explained by Clough (I may be wrong).

If you were writing a book about Clough you'd probably look to some meeting between the two early on in his career. Clearly there was this game and the storywriter has built the apparent animosity between the two around this game. Is it true? Well I'm not sure but it certainly makes for an entertaining story.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: spainboy[/cite] How's sodje doing btw?[/quote]

Has only played time added on so far but thanks for Frazer Richardson, he's tops.