Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

career change, any ideas?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fire Risk Assessment are the way to go fella. As with all (HIPS) you need certification. This costs in the caseof HIPS between £4,000 and £8,000. The lower figure if you agree to work for the company who train and certify you.

FRA certification doesnt cost as much as that. Its in two sections.
    Once done ayou can easily get £300/£500 a day . Make sure your company insurancies are in order. Local authoritys have been found out now, they havnt had FRAs done on tower blocks (doubt if any of their buildings have) this is at least 300 plus in London and will roll on as they should be actioned yearly.
  • Options
    I'm looking into starting my own travel company up in Laos, (small country next to Thailand).

Its good to be different, isn't it???
  • Options
    Me and my mate at work are extremely bored with the construction industry and being electricians in general.

Having gained all the certs and experience it seems a shame to waste it and do something different. Perhaps you could look at areas where electricans are needed and develop a job from there, i.e. something that complements your experience/skills. A recruitment service for sparkies? Or maybe use your skills as a base for training for something a little more technical, i.e. the next level up.

For example I've got a friend who did electrical engineering as a degree has a hobby rebuilding pin-ball machines etc which he sometimes sells on at a profit. Another friend who trained and was an electrician for many years got bored with it and retrained and now designs and installs cabling systems for computers in offices etc.
  • Options
    Rail signalling.
    Two year Graduate course.
    Consider rail signalling design.
    A licence to print money.

Alternatively, i went down the swimwear modelling route. Currently got a rolling contract with freemans (you can see me on page 102, returning the volleyball serve).