Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

lets not throw the baby out the with the bath water....

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
or in the words of Tony Soprano when talking to his winging mother "always with the babies out the windows"

its a loss..... guess what we are gonna get more of them..

old curbs used to not get too excited when we won and not get too down when we lost...

of course we wanted a season of nothing but wins, who doesnt.

We got turned over in the middle of nowhere by 4 players up top and bottom who were giants...

We have been dropping off a bit in the last few games and this could be just the wake up call we need, Parkinson will be furious and I feel will have a drive and determination that wont desert him IMHO...

Its all about how we respond as we know ...

I reckon we could bounce back. what do you think?

Comments

• Great post and agree. Need to put it in perspective. Iffy goal against norwich and and dodgy one against southampton and other than last night a solid start...and fuck me a whole lot better than i expected going on the past couple of seasons with a streamlined squad and parkinson at the helm.

Would rather lose 3-0 to colchester than to leeds at this stage if that makes sense as i think it would be more pyschologically damning to lose like that against arguably the emerging favourites.

Also perhaps leeds are just a couple of games or two behind us in their blip. They have drawn two and will be disappointed to lose the lead yesterday against carlisle.

Their bubble will burst at some point and if Snodgrass and Beckett get injured/ leave or the manger takes up another job then they will drop like a stone.

Wasnt there last night but from reading on here and listening sounded like we just werent up for it and as you say theres no way parkinson will let that slide as he probably has more to prove in the current four leagues than anyone in the game this season.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Iffy goal against norwich and and dodgy one against southampton and other than last night a solid start

Exactly - let's get some perspective here.
  • I'm intrigued by this belief that Parky will be furious and sort it out.

There were plenty of occasions when he should have been furious and sorted it out from November to May last season but he failed miserably.

In addition he should have been furious and sorted it out at half-time last night but he waited until they scored their thirdl and the game was well and truly dead and buried before he did anything.

Doesn't fill me with much confidence personally.
  • I don't think anyone including Leeds are going to run away with this league and there will probably be three or four teams in the mix - all of whom will - wait for this - sometimes play badly and lose games!!

Last night was a bad performance, expecially by a couple of players - it will probably happen again - we will surely lose more than 1 in 10 this season - indeed any season. And all this talk of some fabled plans B and C etc etc etc is a nonsense - we lost last night because of under performing players and terrible individual errors, 442 etc is a total irrelevance in such circumstances.

It does seem that for some people on here, the arrival of our much delayed first defeat has lifted a great weight of their shoulders.
  • Even though we may go to Leeds and lose, I would rather beat them that Colchester if given the choice. Leeds were not that great last night so they too have weaknesses and are not perfect. Let's hope we can expolit this and if we play to our best then we have a great chance, especially if we manage to keep Beckford quiet (which means no Llera)
  • What Salad said. Spot on that man!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Even though we may go to Leeds and lose, I would rather beat them that Colchester if given the choice. Leeds were not that great last night so they too have weaknesses and are not perfect. Let's hope we can expolit this and if we play to our best then we have a great chance, especially if we manage to keep Beckford quiet (which means no Llera)

At this moment I don't think Leeds are exactly relishing playing us either on the back of a home draw ... this game is no way a foregone conclusion ... I would not be at all surprised if we get a result there.
  • i reckon a 1-1 home draw against carlisle is worse than losing 3-0 away at 5th placed team especially when you score one of the goals yourself
  • [cite]Posted By: philwebster[/cite]i reckon a 1-1 home draw against carlisle is worse than losing 3-0 away at 5th placed team especially when you score one of the goals yourself

Imagine the moaners at the Valley if we had only managed to draw with Carlisle at home!
  • edited September 2009
    Chelsea lost 3-1 at Wigan.

They will still finish in the top 4.

We had a bad day at the office. It could prove a blessing in disguise as hopefully any "I'm too good for this league" nonsense will well and truly be jolted out of them. P10 W7 D2 L1 P23 is a damn good first quarter or so of the season.

The Colchester game in isolation doesn't matter. It's how they respond that counts and I don't necessarily mean the Leeds match but Oldham and Huddersfield at home where we should be winning.

By the way from what I heard on the radio the Charlton fans were the only ones singing so I'm not sure why all the postings are talking about how quiet we were.
  • Sponsored links:

• One defeat in isolation should not be a major concern. What does concern me is that performances of late have been dropping off.
    Parky has become over reliant on a group of 11 players who until last night had managed to pick up some great results. But what happens if they turn in another poor performance against Leeds, how is he going to change things? Does he know for example which two forwards, that he has at his disposal, compliment each others game? I doubt it because he has relied so heavily on Burton up front with JJ behind.
    So just as we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water after one defeat, we shouldn't dismiss it either and need to ensure that we don't become a one trick pony.