Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

To the moaners and boo boy merchants

It is so depressing to hear and read the focus on negativity all the time rather than the positives.

I was very much in the Parkinson out camp last year and am happily suprised at how well we are doing.

We are a 3rd divsion club with a 3rd division squad playing against 3rd division teams who will occasionally beat us.

Got no money and a paper thin squad. A manager who is under immense pressure and who spent the summer not knowing if hed be in a job come christmas (partially his fault as he was shite last year) but hes turning it around now and there werent any realistic alternatives.We are selling between 12 and 19k tickets at home (more than some prem sides) and most clubs our size would love that revnue. We have a board that cares and has pumped more money in recently when they could have cut their losses and sold to the highest bidder and done the offski regardless of whether it was good for the club or not.

We have a team that on the whole are playing good football and have up til now shown a unity, passion and committment that has been missing for a good couple of seasons. Quality players emerging such as Jon Jo, Elliot, Youga and Racon who could all cut it at the top level with the right development.

Leeds are a massive club...theyve won the top flight, been in europe at the highest level and even they havent got out of the league easily and i bet they dont moan as much as some of our lot.

Supporting a club in my opinion is about being there during the good times and the bad and not just waiting for a 3rd rate defender to have a shocker or the team to have an off day so we can find fault with the manager and the players expecting them to be like the Liverpool side of the 80s or Milan of the 90s.

Seriously get real, booing them at half time is about as justified and constructive as a book review by stevie wonder. We are 3rd division and we are gonna be tosh at times.

And to all those who rant and rave on internet forums about the inadequacies and poor performances i very much doubt that at your job you perform to the top of your game day in day out.

If you want to win every game, watch entertaining football where the managers have got millions of quid to spend to cover up their inadequacies and where mercenary footballers play well while it suits them and defenders make very few errors then Im sure Barca, Madrid, Chelsea and Man utd will happily take your money for this plastic experience and youll even be able to watch them weekly on sky if you dont fancy going to the game.

Comments

• well said ... come on you Reds !!!
  • Good one Rodders, well said.

No harm in being disappointed and critical but let's keep it real.
  • edited September 2009
    oh come on we've got to moan on the message boards it's the lowest level of football charlton have played at in 28 years ... but totally agree about booing at the game not good for anything .....
    i know it's on a smaller scale but i'm sure most of our players/mercenaries would jump ship if a better offer came in for them they aren't doing it for the love of charlton as much as we'd all love them to be and i do watch them boys on tv to see some decent football ...
    charlton is in the blood and is a sadistic habit for me and i love/hate it COYR ;-)
  • positives are that parky now realises how shite Llera is and puts sodje in maybe its a blessing in disguise .
  • he's had one horrendous game.
  • Boooo... Rubbish post.

;o)
  • agreed about the boo-ing, hence why i shouldnt! but i dont in general, if there was any time they did deserve to be boo'd then that was last night

But all in all 1 lose so far, lets get behind the boys!!!
  • i only read half the post before i started booing. and although you've had 9 really good posts recently, that one was shit. sack rodney.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]agreed about the boo-ing, hence why i shouldnt! but i dont in general, if there was any time they did deserve to be boo'd then that was last night

Yea but if they are not playing up to standard then you can understand why some do it. It would have to get to the levels of last season for me to start booing my beloved Charlton so i diddnt at half time but if you dont let the players know your not happy with the performance then they wont respond in some cases.
  • [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]i only read half the post before i started booing. and although you've had 9 really good posts recently, that one was shit. sack rodney.

I've not been in peak physical shape for foruming this week due to a succession of hangovers added to one of my key typing fingers carrying a knock....I should have rested it for longer but it was twitching to get back. Plus I have recently got a new keyboard and mouse and it will take them a while to gel. Also moved the laptop over the other side of the room recently so it needs time to settle in the area.

Give me til christmas. If i dont show remarked imrovements by then the "board" can sack me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]agreed about the boo-ing, hence why i shouldnt! but i dont in general, if there was any time they did deserve to be boo'd then that was last night

Yea but if they are not playing up to standard then you can understand why some do it. It would have to get to the levels of last season for me to start booing my beloved Charlton so i diddnt at half time but if you dont let the players know your not happy with the performance then they wont respond in some cases.

Conversely the honest players (and most if not all of ours are now) will be as aware if not more aware than the fans that they have f***** up.

I don't think booing helps them one iota. They need encouragement.
  • Fair point, but all i say is what good could come out of boo-ing? i think nothing as its not going to spur them on to play better, im sure they know themselves when they are being completely outplayed and not playing up to the high standards we started of this season, but still not going to make them improve if anything just makes them play worse. yes we should have our opinions and it be put accross the the players, but after the game if anything when there is no chance could affect the performance on the day. although i personally still would never boo, be it at half time or full time!
  • I love Charlton and it has been an absolute joy the start to this season something I havnt felt for ages.....

we do need support... we do need positivity...

I think after yrs of comfort, financially, mid table prem, loads of international players, mixing it with the heavyweights, we realised that real world football is a case of just like that you can lose the lot.....

so we dont need extra pressure, chanting whos the whatever in the hat at lera, who has busted his head open for us and done his very best in the THIRD tier is ridiculous... but what do I know....

these last three yrs has taught me a lot, i dont know about you lot.... Ive never been here before, never seen us in the third tier Im 31 .... started at about 6 .....

So I would agree with the original poster, lets see if we can get the positive vibes out.... particularly after a delicious start to the season... and lets see how the team reacts.....
  • What Rodders said.

Ever had a bad day at work....?

We get beaten by a team whose manager worked out how to stop us.
    The first time in 10 games.

And the knives come out.

We're Third Division. If you look for faults, you'll find them.
  • here we go again

jeesus we lose 1 game can we not be booooooing until we have lost loads
  • Everyone hug a tree, the Happy Clappers are back!

Hey guys, Elliott for England!

oh.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]here we go again

jeesus we lose 1 game can we not be booooooing until we have lost loads

how many actually is loads ?
    what if we draw a load?
    ;-)
  • remember we're a mid table premiership championship league one side and should be happy with our lot
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]remember we're a[strike]mid table premiership[/strike][strike]championship[/strike]league one side and should be happy with our lot
    Yes, we should be happy with our lot because if our Directors hadn't just invested another £7m of cash we could very easily have been an ex football club.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]remember we're a[strike]mid table premiership[/strike][strike]championship[/strike]league one side and should be happy with our lot

Personally im with you and am still happy even after travelling form Kent last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]remember we're a[strike]mid table premiership[/strike][strike]championship[/strike]league one side and should be happy with our lot

Personally im with you and am still happy even after travelling form Kent last night.

Do they not have sarcasm in deepest kent? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: olster[/cite]i only read half the post before i started booing. and although you've had 9 really good posts recently, that one was shit. sack rodney.

I've not been in peak physical shape for foruming this week due to a succession of hangovers added to one of my key typing fingers carrying a knock....I should have rested it for longer but it was twitching to get back. Plus I have recently got a new keyboard and mouse and it will take them a while to gel. Also moved the laptop over the other side of the room recently so it needs time to settle in the area.

Give me til christmas. If i dont show remarked imrovements by then the "board" can sack me.

Pardew? is that you?
  • so people moan so what ?

its the 3rd division football has been better than i thought it would be , but to few remember how bad this level USUALLY is. Its the home of the clump it and lump it.

Was nice to at least have a winning run FFS how long has that been since last 1 ?

16,000 advergae home gate is very good better than i thought it would be. So a few moan so what ?
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]remember we're a[strike]mid table premiership[/strike][strike]championship[/strike]league one side and should be happy with our lot

Do they not have sarcasm in deepest kent? ;-)

Not really mate im still getting used to it myself they are all a bit yokal down here
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]so people moan so what ?

its the 3rd division football has been better than i thought it would be , but to few remember how bad this level USUALLY is. Its the home of the clump it and lump it.

Was nice to at least have a winning run FFS how long has that been since last 1 ?

16,000 advergae home gate is very good better than i thought it would be. So a few moan so what ?

So how is it constructive? So a few moan so what? ...point answering that is in the post at the top of the thread.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]one of my key typing fingers carrying a knock

Get it a new scrum cap then....
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]so people moan so what ?

So how is it constructive? So a few moan so what? ...point answering that is in the post at the top of the thread.

I spent money and effort getting to Colchester last night and the players didnt repay me with anything close to a performance. Yes, we may lose games, i dont expect us to go unbeaten. Its the manner in which we lost. There was no real effort or desire...something that deserves my moans in itself.

I cant stand the old ''we all have off days in our job''...yes perhaps, but i would get moaned at, and if i had a few (Llera), then i'd probably get the sack! I also dont earn 5k a week. Granted, i cant stand the booing, completely uncalled for, but moaning is different (especially on a website!)

So, does it do any good??....well it does me the world of good. I've had my moan on a few threads and i feel the better for it. But i'll be at Elland Road on saturday, supporting the lads.

If we win, then ill be singing praises....if we lose, well... i'll moan!!
  • just don't read the 'moaning' threads if you don't like them, this a football forum - the clue is in the name.

:D
  • Hey you guys, can't we all just get along. . . .

Hey, when's the next Bromley & Bickley CASC meeting?
  • lol...he's proper getting 'old of that tree.