Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 Olympics

D Day tomorrow. I'm obviously biased, but who'd you fancy and why?

Choices: Chicago, Tokyo, Rio and Madrid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1215111/A-tale-cities-But-win-race-host-2016-Olympic-Games.html

Comments

• Options
    All of them are offering to buy the top tier of the London Olympic stadium, but Chicago cause it'll piss off Glenn Beck
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]All of them are offering to buy the top tier of the London Olympic stadium, but Chicago cause it'll piss off Glenn Beck
    Talk about an identi-kit stadium.

The Velodrome is coming along nicely. :-)
  • Options
    Chicago - great city.
  • Options
    Chicago for me too. Ran the marathon out there a while back and they love their sports.
  • Options
    Rio, so that the Marathon runners have to dodge bullets instead of mad de-frocked roman catholic priests
  • Options
    Do they rotate it around the continents? If so then Madrid won't get it straight after London, and Tokyo shouldn't get it as the last one was in Beijing. So that leaves Chicago and Rio.
    Would Rio have the finances to cope with an Olympics? Chicago it is then!
  • Options
    My thoughts on how the vote could go are on here.

you have to scroll down to the third piece to find it.

http://www.entertainmentodds.com/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Do they rotate it around the continents? If so then Madrid won't get it straight after London, and Tokyo shouldn't get it as the last one was in Beijing. So that leaves Chicago and Rio.
    Would Rio have the finances to cope with an Olympics? Chicago it is then!

I think 'officially' they don't rotate, but it is a huge consideration.
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]All of them are offering to buy the top tier of the London Olympic stadium, but Chicago cause it'll piss off Glenn Beck

Yes indeed, the bloke is a complete c*ck.
  • Options
    I think Madrid are the outsiders. Should come down to a choice between Chicago and Tokyo
  • Options
    Tokyo. Safe option for the IOC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "My kind of town, Chicago is ..."
  • Options
    A town ending in "..o". Unless it's Madrid.
  • Options
    Not much of a choice as far as I'm concerned, it seems that apart from Rio all the others (USA, Spain, Japan) locations have been hosts already. I know London has had the Olympics twice before but only because nobody else wanted it at the time.

Madrid or Chicago. Only because the time difference and the heat in the other countries would make it crap and unwatchable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I think Madrid are the outsiders. Should come down to a choice between Chicago and Tokyo

Tokyo's got no chance

will be a head to head between Chicago and Rio which Chicago may well now edge thanks to Barack turning up yesterday to press the flesh - the IOC members were literally falling over themselves to shake his hand
  • Options
    Chicago eliminated in 1st round of voting...
  • Options
    amazing!!!!

don't think anyone saw that coming...
  • Options
    Tokyo also out - it's down to Rio or Madrid...
  • Options
    Am absolutely shocked as are the thousands in Daley Plaza in the middle of Chicago.

Madrid v Rio in last round of vote. Hope it's Rio.
  • Options
    Go Rio.
  • Options
    Madrid for me now. Its close to home, no real time differance for the tv.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow...couldn't believe it...got the news through ChicagoAddick's twitter feed, and my jaw hit the ground. Was looking forward to attending two in a row, London then Chicago as it's only a short flight or a long drive away.
  • Options
    You gotta laugh, poor old yanks expecting a shoe in with St barack in attendance, no doubt the feck wits in Chicago are still in the square shouting USA USA USA USA!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1215111/A-tale-cities-But-win-race-host-2016-Olympic-Games.html[/url][/quote]

Has the first lady spotted Hitler in the background or something? What is she doing!?!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]You gotta laugh, poor old yanks expecting a shoe in with St barack in attendance, no doubt the feck wits in Chicago are still in the square shouting USA USA USA USA!

They looked pretty dumbfounded tbh, but no doubt they will put a political spin on it. No one does politics like Chicago.
  • Options
    I blame Letterman
  • Options
    Are we still in it ?
  • Options
    to be fair the US had it in 84 and then 96.
    And 96 Atlanta was widely considered the worst games of the moder era.
  • Options
    Rio wins
  • Options
    I'm just glad its not London in 2016. Oh wait...

Drat.
  • Options
    2012 is going to be fantastic Leroy, mark my words.

Well done Rio!