Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ten and half things you never knew about Leeds

1. Leeds is the largest city in Yorkshire

2. Leeds United play in a white strip. White shows up grass and mud stains clearer than any other widely-used football kit colour. Hence the team is frequently referred to as "dirty Leeds".

Comments

• Options
    Leeds were the first ever team to be denied a place in the top flight by losing a play off final ;-)
  • Options
    There is a Harvey Nicolls in Leeds City Centre.

Leeds City were expelled from the League in 1919 for financial irregularities. They were replaced by a new club, Leeds United who have been an exemplar of fairness and honesty every since.

Leeds United used to play in gold and blue but changed to all white to copy Real Madrid.

Leeds has the highest levels of childhood obesity in England and the 2nd highest level of adult obesity in England.
  • Options
    leeds fans are all members of the YRA the yorkshire republican army and apparently they are barmy
  • Options
    Despite what people say about the Leeds team of the 70s they were a very skill full side, it's just a shame that they had to resort to cheating.

York is the capital or Yorkshire and Leeds is the capital of Yorkshite.
  • Options
    77% of the Yorkshire population belive that the county should be separated from the rest of the country. 97% of the rest of the country agree.
  • Options
    They are what the illiterate use to take the dogs for a walk
  • Options
    Leeds is in fact a small town in Bradford
  • Options
    Met a Leeds fanatic living at Mission Beach in far north Queensland 2 years ago.....nice bloke actually, latched onto me when I was wearing one of my Charlton shirts....he owned a great little surf clothing shop...but boy did he miss his footie living in the middle of nowhere.
  • Options
    i think we may find out that, like the rest of the world, the leeds community is full of people who's sisters are in fact their mothers.
  • Options
    I can confirm that I have indeed read reports of Fathers being Brothers too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The word 'Anvil' is reputed never to have been spoken within a two mile radius of the main bus terminus in Leeds city centre. Nobody knows why, there was a rumour that an old lady tried it in 1984 but before she could complete the first syllable she swallowed her dentures and sadly died.

Locals attribute this to an old story involving a witch, a naked blacksmith and a phallically shaped fence post.
  • Options
    The 7/7 Bombers travelled down from there
  • Options
    If Billy Bremner was a woman he'd have been a babe in Leeds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]The 7/7 Bombers travelled down from there
    Some would say they are still travelling down.
  • Options
    I used to watch Leeds in the seventies when I was a student.
    I used to wish I was watching Charlton.
    There used to be an indian cafe/restaurant near the ground where you could stuff yourself silly for about 50p.
    Those were the days.
    PS. I always secretly supported the away team!
  • Options
    One night per year in the city of Leeds, fathers are forced to lock up their daughters. This year, its tomorrow night.
  • Options
    The Weddoes are Leeds lads.
  • Options
    One of these statements is false: which one;

Leeds had the first commercially successful steam railway line (in 1859).

In 1951/52 LT sold its newest trams, the Felthams, to the Leeds Corporation Transport Dept. where they gave good service for another 10 years.

Because of damage from polluted air caused by the woollen mills and other industries in 19th. century Yorkshire, Leeds Castle was dismantled and re-erected in Kent.

The Town Hall organ is 50 feet high., weighs 70 tons and has 6,500 pipes.
  • Options
    1 leeds has the highest rate of jump in burglaries in britain.
    2 around 1999, leeds had the highest rate of gay rape in europe..
    3 marks and spencer started in leeds market
  • Options
    On the 3/10/09 Leeds witnessed one of the worst away followings ever from a club so high in the league.Even little Exeter brought 2700.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They get drunk and beat their wives