Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the post

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
when is the post likely to get back to normal?

we've had two items all week and unless the main two things I'm waiting for turn up today then my weekend away will be cancelled and I may well miss out on the car I'm meant to be buying.

It's like living in bloody italy , just goes to prove that even in this day and age of internet and e mail how much we still need the post

Comments

• Options
    my thoughts exactly- one piece of post took 12 days to get to me...

As you say- has horrible knock on effects
  • Options
    Don't think it's been resolved, yet. Suspect that it will just mean that it'll get privatised in the longer run
  • Options
    Missus bought me a shirt for my birthday , sent out on the 8th and received on the 25th
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah...having an impact on my business at present, a great deal of which is mail order and Amazon.
    One or two using it as an excuse to say they've sent a cheque and it's got lost in the post.....though they are bad payers anyway, so I'm taking that as as excuse not to have paid on time.
    Some tax papers to my accountant seem to have gone astray....which is more of a concern!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Yeah...having an impact on my business at present, a great deal of which is mail order and Amazon.

Any other way of sending packets/parcels,small amounts,mail order/online business.
  • Options
    The only way I've got stuff through in a timely fashion is the guaranteed next day or special delivery option at £4.95 or £5.40 a throw.

If I was a cynical old git I'd think that at those prices, when people HAVE to get stuff through, the Royal Mail wouldn't be too disappointed to perpetuate the present chaos.

In the 19th Century you could write a letter in London in the morning and have it delivered in York later that same day!

"Progress" means mail delivery is a lottery. One day Alan Dedicoat will turn up and tell me this is the 20th time my letter has been pulled out of the sack and so it will finally be delivered!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]In the 19th Century you could write a letter in London in the morning and have it delivered in York later that same day!

I'm sure the Average Joe (if they could read and write) would not have been able to afford the cost of the postage.

You lot should stop moaning, the postage service here in Canada is appalling.
  • Options
    I ordered Green Day tickets and they were posted out on Sep 16th, but as of yet, still aint got them, gotta phone up next week now and get them to send me a new one :(
  • Options
    Can't help feeling that the boys in the Post Office are a bit short sighted on this one and are actually f*cking themselves long term.

PO is already under commercial pressure from competitors. If I were running a big business I certainly would be looking around att he alternatives, rather than giving my lucrative mailing contracts to someone who can't guarantee delivery.
  • Options
    And amazon as well

Their track record with the unions and staff is just awful- they were bailed out 7-8 years ago with the brief to get a decent staff/ management relationship.

Failed on all accounts- and pissing me off no end!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]And amazon as well

Their track record with the unions and staff is just awful- they were bailed out 7-8 years ago with the brief to get a decent staff/ management relationship.

Failed on all accounts- and pissing me off no end!
    The Industrial Relations issues at the Royal Mail will never be resolved. They're sliding inexorably towards complete privatisation - and this will only hasten it. Intransigent management, thick-headed union leaders, a workforce that has been increasingly casualised over the past decade and the riduclous salaries paid to staff at an executive level mean that the only possible endgame is utter annihilation of the union, replacement with casual/private staff and subsequent break-up into loads of small, regional delivery companies. If the unions are unhappy with their lot now, just wait until Cameron and the Eton BootBoys get in next year...
  • Options
    I get the feeling Leroy that they want some resolution before the new government come in. I think they realise the game is up and want to get as much as they can before privatisation and the break up, to get their members better rights that they can TUPE to any new organisations. Unfortunately this govt have been too slow to do anything about the post office til now, despite the repeated threats to do so. Another problem for the new government to add to Labours legacy. Another labour govt and another absolute financial mess they have left. Some people don't learn.
  • Options
    As a postroom manager in the city I can tell you all that my sources in the post office are telling me its only going to get a lot worse!
    It looks like the ballot papaers are in and it looks like a NATIONAL week long strike coming up!!!!

CANT WAIT!!!!!!