Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

pay up pompey. pompey pay up.

the bloke who is supposed to have all the promised wonga has been taken to hospital in dubai.
just a day after the "delay in transfer of funds" which meant the staff didn't get paid.

Comments

• Options
    Orroe wad on radio last week explaining why he was staying at the club - "apparently" the money will be here soon blah blah

all seemed very woolly to me and he didn't sound convinced
  • Options
    All this talk of the £50M he was going to give them, people ignored the actual quote of up to £50m. They have been well and truly turned over
  • Options
    Issued with a Winding up petition according to BBC.
  • Options
    What does that mean?
  • Options
    absolute basket case of a club at the moment, and won't be the only one over the next 12 months.
  • Options
    Herman sets another record!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Issued with a Winding up petition according to BBC.

By HM Customs
  • Options
    On SSN now.
  • Options
    Oh good, does that mean Spurs can get back O'Hara from his loan spell now then? ;-)
  • Options
    In terms of the process of them getting deducted points/being put of our business etc - where does this lie in timescales/stages?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]On SSN now.

The real world's equivalent of the Charlton OS.

It's not actually true unless it's on the SSN.

;o)
  • Options
    Egg-zactly.
  • Options
    Anyone think that the Premier League will simply not allow this (administration or going out of business) to happen? How bad will the 'brand' look?

They'll find the £2-4m somehow, somewhere eventually.
  • Options
    "The petition was presented on 23 December but a full court hearing will not take place until February.

If the club is unable to strengthen its financial position by then, the club could be declared bankrupt."
  • Options
    Taxman is getting in earlier now as no longer preferential creditor status.
  • Options
    no points deduction in the prem
  • Options
    O' I thought the winding up was like....you're just a small club in Southampton!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Anyone think that the Premier League will simply not allow this (administration or going out of business) to happen? How bad will the 'brand' look?

They'll find the £2-4m somehow, somewhere eventually.

I agree. Scudamore is probably hatching a plan with other prem chairmen. There's probably a few twitchy chairmen who aren't far off Pompey's situation and would like a bail out precedent set.
  • Options
    I remember when we signed Todorov after our relegation.
    Portsmouth were going great guns, the 'new' Charlton in terms of punching above their weight - they finished in a decent league position and won the FA Cup.
    Pompey fans, who were gracious both when we played the first game back at The Valley and on the Todorov signing, don't deserve this mess.
    Here's hoping it gets sorted out soon.
  • Options
    now that intergroup have bidded £100 million for West Ham.. what is there to stop sullivan and gold going for Pompey???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I remember when we signed Todorov after our relegation.
    Portsmouth were going great guns, the 'new' Charlton in terms of punching above their weight - they finished in a decent league position and won the FA Cup.
    Pompey fans, who were gracious both when we played the first game back at The Valley and on the Todorov signing, don't deserve this mess.
    Here's hoping it gets sorted out soon.

With you on that on. Have a very soft spot for Pompey, was my second home (the City not the football club) for a long while. They don't deserve this. Sadly won't be the last this season.
  • Options
    If Pompey go under that would mean 3 automatic places from the Championship and a play off would it not?

Then an extra team would have to be promoted from league One to the Championship, basically so it all works out that there are still 92 teams in the league.
  • Options
    Portsmouth are being sued by French side Lens over alleged unpaid transfer fees for striker Aruna Dindane and defender Nadir Belhadj.
    Lens claim Pompey £40million in debt went back on a deal to buy £4m-rated Dindane permanently once he played 11 games and that they have also failed to keep up instalments for Belhadj's £4.2m move.
    Lens president Gervais Martel said: 'We are taking action through the European football tribunals as well as civil courts.'
    Pompey's woes were underlined with news that John Utaka is said to be on £80,000 a week but has scored only seven goals since he signed in 2007
  • Options
    £80,000 a week?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]£80,000 a week?!

If that is true, then they deserve everything they get, unbelievable for a club of Portsmouth size.
  • Options
    Who signed John Utaka and has that person ever been investigated over his financial dealings? Is he still at the Club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Who signed John Utaka and has that person ever been investigated over his financial dealings? Is he still at the Club?

mmm, I wonder who it was? Signed July 2007 ... ohh, it was him ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]£80,000 a week?!

If that is true, then they deserve everything they get, unbelievable for a club of Portsmouth size.

That surely can't be true? I know there's often incompetency and greed on either side of contract negotiations, but I struggle to see how they felt the need to pay a player coming from Rennes 80k a week.

Then again, it's probably just the naive assumption that when huge amounts of money are involved, someone somewhere knows what they're doing..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]now that intergroup have bidded £100 million for West Ham.. what is there to stop sullivan and gold going for Pompey???

Lots of reasons. I suspect the debt is at least as bad as with Wet Spam probably worse and a crap ground in need of some serious investment/replacement.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]O' I thought the winding up was like....you're just a small club in Southampton![/quote]

Quality!