Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Was Monty Python actually funny?

2»

Comments

• Options
    inevitably it looks a bit dated but considering when it first appeared on our tv's, it was so ahead of it's time. so yes it was / is still funny today.
  • Options
    Do you still laugh at the sketches? If so then they are still funny, if you don't then they aren't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Do you still laugh at the sketches? If so then they are still funny, if you don't then they aren't.
    In that case it was about 10% funny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Do you still laugh at the sketches? If so then they are still funny, if you don't then they aren't.

So, it was funny once but maybe not now......that doesn't make sense BFR...either it was funny or it wasn't.????
  • Options
    Whicker Island
  • Options
    Hell's Grannies, the Gas Board men (still as true today), the Blackmail T.V show, nudge, nudge , wink, wink, Purley:say no more! Brilliant then and brilliant now! Whoops, nearly forgot the Watford Gynaechologists V. Long John Silver impersonators football match, And no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition! The Pythons wrote themselves into the English language.
  • Options
    In small doses. But it's easy to think you should laugh because everyone else is laughing.....(most of it is poop)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]In small doses. But it's easy to think you should laugh because everyone else is laughing.....(most of it is poop)
    Don't be such a sheep. If you don't get it, don't worry that's fine.
    I watch it my own and laugh so much it reduces me to tears.
  • Options
    a classic case of the emperor's new clothes.
  • Options
    Haven't watched for a long time but I'm sure it must have dated to a degree but the best sketches will still be great.

But for every memorable sketch there are many more very forgettable ones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Its like Kylie. For all the hype she aint that good looking *really*
  • Options
    No one expected the Spanish inquisition.
  • Options
    Even if you didn't think it was funny there was always Carol Cleveland: would make a good Would Ya!
  • Options
    Hilarious! I was in a theatre not so long ago & during the interval a young lad walked down to the front of the stage with the tray of goodies around his neck. I was so excited that i could finally shout out 'ALBATROSS!' Most over 35 laughed or gave me that knowing look but i ended up having to explain myself to the young things who were with us. Heh hoh!
  • Options
    It's all down to personal taste, but I love Python, and so did the great man himself....Elvis

However, my other half doesn't get it all.
  • Options
    What's going on with this forum?

First off someone says The Beatles were crap and now someone is asking if Python was funny.

Deary dear, of course it was funny otherwise it wouldn't have lasted so long! Although some bits were a bit odd.

Number 1, the birch.
  • Options
    NO i dont get it nor do i find Life of brian funny nor that other film
  • Options
    Wasn't no.1 the Larch?
  • Options
    Trouble at Mill.
  • Options
    The hungarian phrasebook still makes me chuckle, and self defence with soft fruit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]It's all down to personal taste, but I love Python, and so did the great man himself....Elvis

However, my other half doesn't get it all.
    Your wife a bit of a goer then, eh...? Nudge, nudge, wiink, wink, say no more....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]What's going on with this forum?

First off someone says The Beatles were crap and now someone is asking if Python was funny.

Deary dear, of course it was funny otherwise it wouldn't have lasted so long!

Hooray for that.