Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rommedahl

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: abrown1972[/cite]
    I reckon we should go with a midfield (RtL) Ambrose, Holland, Kish, Reid at least until Thomas finds some form.
    Two problems with that
    1) Reid is wasted out on the wing
    2) Ambrose has been woeful this season. Last night was the highpoint in terms of effort, but he still gave the ball away far too much.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]He infuriates the hell out of me, especially as I allow myself to be fooled every time that this time, this one run will be the one where he delivers. Or maybe this one...he's got it again...will he?... No, he won't.
    Romm reminds me of a taller, faster less curly version of Mark Stuart. Beat 4 players then run into the 5th and lose the ball.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: abrown1972[/cite]I reckon we should go with a midfield (RtL) Ambrose, Holland, Kish, Reid at least until Thomas finds some form.

I agree that that is probably our best midfield line up, it just highlights how badly we need to sign 2 central midfielders. For all the effort he puts in, Kish simply isn't good enough and Holland is at least 2 seasons past his best.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah Sco I do recognise that sentiment! Fair to say that our Den has always promised a bit more than he delivers.
    But I'm hoping if Pards can use him properly, he might finally show us all what he can do, and the desire to headbutt him will become a distant, slightly surreal memory........:)
  • Options
    From what I hear our Denise would (allegedly) probably prefer another kind of "butt" to a headbutt.

Brings a whole new meaning to the when someone says that our two wingers are "swapping"!
  • Options
    3 blokes - you've hit the proverbial nail on the head - Curbishley rarely played with Thomas AND Romm - many times Thomas was replaced with ambrose - Dowie tried playing attacking flair footy with both and we got hammered in central midfield.

Now that Pardew plays three + Romm OR Thomas we look more solid and we're waiting for Young and Reid to come back + whatever turns up in the window.

I say keep Romm but don't play him every game (or at least not 90 minutes) and get him to practice crossing and corners
  • Options
    I agree that Reid is somewhat wasted on the wing but we can't afford to give him that free role in the sort of hard-to-beat team we need to put out.
    He's too weak for centre-midfield so the only alternative is to play him on the left of midfield, not left-wing really, and let him come infield and look for the ball and also support the front two with Kish and Holland sitting back.
    I agree we need to sign at least one more central midfielder but who is out there that would come to us at the moment?
    I am not a huge fan of Ambrose either but who else is there?
  • Options
    Loved the comments about JFH's arse being the size of a small planet.....I couldnt believe how overweight he looked the other night......too much Xmas pud, me thinks.
    Reid is definetly better in that roving role just behind the forward (s).....however, as he is injured at the moment, we have to work with what we have available.....Thomas is out injured.....Faye, well he is suffering from a rare case of inhaling too much fairy dust (undisclosed injury eh?), Kish and Holland will run their hearts out again Im sure.....so, its Romm and Ambrose I guess.......bit weak isnt it? Maybe time to give Sam a run? and then use Romm later in the game?
    Defensively Im more worried......Kark oftens seems to get caught out of position, Traore is unpredictable to say the least, Hermann is perhaps a little bit past his best, and Sankofa although promising, isnt right for this sort of scrap.....Maybe put Fortune in at right back? Id love to see us get Chris Powell back as cover at left back...I know he is old, but he has the spirit. Pressley, well he didnt come, and Im not overly dissapointed, Im sure there is a goodun lurking out there somewhere. I just hope we offload a few of the missfits......fingers crossed.
  • Options
    I think it will probably prove a bit of a blessing to have missed
    out on a 33 year-old Jock who did not really want to come anyway.

I mean, how good can this bloke really be if he was only playing at Hearts
    in that piss poor league? Also, I remember him being a bit of a joke at
    Coventry earlier in his career and they offloaded him back to Jock land
    pretty quick.

I really don't fancy a 33 year-old Jock taking on Thierry Henry, Bellamy,
    Anelka or Defoe, thanks all the same.

He obviously felt the same way and has taken the soft option of taking on the giants of Raith Rovers and Dundee United rather than test himself against some of the best players in the world.