Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car For Sale

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
1.8T SE Volkswagen Passat (Silver) - 2001 Y reg 96000 miles. Tax till Feb 2010 MOT till August 2010. Runs like a dream. I've had the car since March 2005 and the wife has used it to ferry the kids to school and back. Looking for about 2K for it but will listen to sensible offers. Pictures to follow.

Comments

• Options
    Would have been interested this time last week, after my Rover 25 head gaket drama recently, but just got myself a Honda Civic 1.5 VTEC at the weekend, S reg but only 37k on the clock, immaculate condition, MOT June 2010, but had to put 6 months tax on it, paid £2075, got him down from £2995 (Dealer)
  • Options
    Just off to Paddock Wood car auctions to hunt down a 2nd car bargain after mine got written off a couple of weeks back.

This scrappage allowance has pushed the prices right up.
  • Options
    You have got to luv the old VTEC DA9...you should try the Type R VTEC ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bennyhill[/cite]You have got to luv the old VTEC DA9...you should try the Type R VTEC ;-)

One of my colleagues has a type R VTEC , 03 reg, beautiful bit of kit, only drives from home to work and back, wasted on him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Just off to Paddock Wood car auctions to hunt down a 2nd car bargain after mine got written off a couple of weeks back.

Found ours on Auto Trader website, Fenways in Sidcup, some very good deals on there, and you can filter your search requirements.
  • Options
    Hang on till the scrappage scheme finishes which it should soon if you want to pay less
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Hang on till the scrappage scheme finishes which it should soon if you want to pay less

The government has just extended it by investing another £100 million.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]1.8T SE Volkswagen Passat (Silver) - 2001 Y reg 96000 miles. Tax till Feb 2010 MOT till August 2010. Runs like a dream. I've had the car since March 2005 and the wife has used it to ferry the kids to school and back. Looking for about 2K for it but will listen to sensible offers. Pictures to follow.

Anyway I still have the car for sale after my thread has been " taken away "
  • Options
    hillsy you got my email address, email me the pics I am looking for a second car to get me to work, sounds like a good deal?? ollie.caddock.cafc@me.com

can't get on here too much but email me on that addy and we can talk??!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bennyhill[/cite]You have got to luv the old VTEC DA9...you should try the Type R VTEC ;-)

One of my colleagues has a type R VTEC , 03 reg, beautiful bit of kit, only drives from home to work and back, wasted on him.

seconded - got a 57 plate type r and love it - only tend to use it for Charlton games at the moment sadly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fascinating morning.

Very hard not to bid on some great metal they had there. Right down to an H plate Honda Concerto - 58k on the clock, taxed/MOT until next June, excellent nick £100. Now that's what I call cheap motoring. My current hire car is costing the insurance company more than that every four days.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Fascinating morning.

Very hard not to bid on some great metal they had there. Right down to an H plate Honda Concerto - 58k on the clock, taxed/MOT until next June, excellent nick £100. Now that's what I call cheap motoring. My current hire car is costing the insurance company more than that every four days.

Bargain! How often do they hold these auctions? Is this a rare deal or are there always bargains like this to be had?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Fascinating morning.

Bargain! How often do they hold these auctions? Is this a rare deal or are there always bargains like this to be had?

I was only there for a couple of hours and saw at least 5 cars go for under £500 - I wasn't in the auction room all the time either. They sell everything from Kia's to Porche's.

They have three auctions each week - BCA Paddock Wood.
  • Options
    Cheers for that mate, definitely going to get down there then
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

seconded - got a 57 plate type r and love it - only tend to use it for Charlton games at the moment sadly

Mines a 53 plate, just had it serviced at a place called CPL Racing in Sheerness I would recommend them, they are what u could call the experts, type in CPL Type R into you tube ;-) they have the fastest one in europe.
  • Options
    BCA pick many of the trade ins from the Merc dealership I work for and there really are some excellent motors that go to the auctions. One company frachises aren't interested at all in selling the motors themselves and flogging them to auction companies is the easiest way to unload them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hillsys Up[/cite]1.8T SE Volkswagen Passat (Silver) - 2001 Y reg 96000 miles. Tax till Feb 2010 MOT till August 2010. Runs like a dream. I've had the car since March 2005 and the wife has used it to ferry the kids to school and back. Looking for about 2K for it but will listen to sensible offers. Pictures to follow.

Blimey where do the kids go to school - Aberdeen ? :-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Just off to Paddock Wood car auctions to hunt down a 2nd car bargain after mine got written off a couple of weeks back.

This scrappage allowance has pushed the prices right up.[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your newish motor, hope you were OK. £100 is a great deal!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Just off to Paddock Wood car auctions to hunt down a 2nd car bargain after mine got written off a couple of weeks back.

Sorry to hear about your newish motor, hope you were OK. £100 is a great deal!

Cheers K, but it wasn't the new Disco, but my 'runaround' - hence looking for another one.
  • Options
    Nick (Addickted) in his new car

clown_car%5B1%5D.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parp!
  • Options
    At least I could fit in it.
  • Options
    izale's company car
  • Options
    Bet ya so could I! Doubt that the 2 of us could at the same time though!