Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Taylor

Joins the list of unemployed former England Managers

Comments

• Options
    Taylor and Barnes in the space of 5 minutes?!
  • Options
    Feel a bit sorry for him actually. Got them promoted last season and with crowds of about 4-5k and no money to spend you wonder what exactly their chairman thinks Wycombe should be achieving.
  • Options
    Just need the other one in the bottom three to go now then
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Fact is with Wycombe is they pay big wages for whatever reason so they're always over-reaching and then having to re-trench; it's a surprise they don't do receievership but it's prob down to quite a few local wealthy people. With the money they spend they should be much more competitive than say Gills. Taylor came into a nice squad assembled by Lambert and did his best thing coaching. It ain't no surprise that when he had to improve a squad he's been rubbish.

Barnes never deserved another chance and that's nothing to do with race. He constantly said he'd only ever manage big clubs then got the chance at Celtic. Some of the deals he and Kenny were involved in were bordering on fraudulent - certainly on the Brazil side - whilst if not on their's then utterly incompetent and indecent. It wasn't losing to Inverness Caly Thistle but just big money and managing to alienate Viduka whilst Larsson was out; genius. Signing Rafael Scheidt without Kenny or Barnes seeing him should have meant Barnes never got near managing a team again. All this rubbish about racism has nothing to do with it, yes there is a little but he was given a very good chance to do something in an easy league and never looked like competing. After being an abject failure he then expects a second chance at something he disdained. A flowing 4-2-2-2 leading to the sack and commentating in Vietnam, good riddance from managing.
  • Options
    Oh well, at least if you get rid of Parky, you've got someone perfect to step in straight away.
  • Options
    Not my favourite manager, but quite what Wycombe expect is a puzzle, with a manager of his reputation are they really going to get anyone better........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Not my favourite manager, but quite what Wycombe expect is a puzzle, with a manager of his reputation are they really going to get anyone better........

John Barnes is available.
  • Options
    Henry Irving 2 minutes ago quote# 8
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Not my favourite manager, but quite what Wycombe expect is a puzzle, with a manager of his reputation are they really going to get anyone better........[/quote]

So is Curbs.... and for the right price me as well, but my junior league managers badge just might not be enough, well at least for this Chairman......
  • Options
    I won the Premier League with Wycombe back in 1998 with Champ Manager 3. Might apply.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]I won the Premier League with Wycombe back in 1998 with Champ Manager 3. Might apply.

That reminds me of when I was in 6th form a few of my mates applied for the Derby job on behalf of a guy in our class, stating his achievements with Gillingham on Championship Manager. He received an official letter from Derby declining the opportunity to interview him.

Maybe Wycombe recognise Champ Man heroics though? Worth a shout, just to get the rejection letter if nothing else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't like the fella and I don't think he's anywhere near as good as people seem to think.