Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Ukraine Highlights on TV

Following the comments about lack of this match having any tv coverage, I have organised with the BBC that they screen highlights exclusively for Charlton Life message board contributors on BBC1 at 10.15. Don't send me thanks, just cheques in the post

Comments

• Options
    Smashing. Stumbled accross the highlights with 10 minutes to go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Smashing. Stumbled accross the highlights with 10 minutes to go.
    You didn't miss much...
  • Options
    So in the end is was all about money!..... Have not found out the details re this decision, which of course the FA and the bbc were very quite about in the past week..... Apparently they could not announce this until after the match then put out a scrambled message on BBC1 that there were highlights. Although I am grateful that they did do this, a bit late for people who either had no option than to buy the game in the first place ! and a cynic might think it had more to do with taking the thunder away from the x factor!....
    So if this was possible as indeed it became why could the secondary right's not be announced last week..... the reason seems to be money. The internet company probably has not recouped what it had to pay out for the right's, or made little profit and wanted to recoup it's investment for a sell on. The rather smug boast of the spokesman of this online company in the week was that this was the brave new world of the future and that it would not be available..... not quite the 'fabulous' opportunity that he thought eh!......

This get rich quick 'opportunity' was always flawed, because the way it delivered it's product was based on excluding people not inclusive for the good of the game or the broadcasters.

Fifa and the owner of TV right need to have a sober, long reflection on it's role in all of this, thank god we at least saw the highlights. the game itself was another matter, perhaps they thought no one was watching..........