Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks Players - The Valiant 988 - latest: V988 Kazenga LUALUA

Comments

• Options
    And scores with one of his first touches!
    Was it his first touch?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    If memory serves me correct, Burstow scored with his first touch after coming on as sub in a FLT match. Not sure if it was his debut.

Checked an it was Crawley at home 31/8/21 and was his debut.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Over 100 players have made their debut since AMB made his  :#
    Name them
    ;-)
  • Options
    V978
    Patrick CASEY
    01/01/2024 v Oxford United (H)
    Substitute for Daniel Kanu (87 mins)
    League 1
    Michael Appleton
  • Options
    edited January 1
    Let’s face it this list should have been stopped some seasons back. Anyone can now get a number and ruin the Club’s history.  
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Let’s face it this list should have been stopped some seasons back. Any old cart house can now get a number and ruin the Club’s history.  
    What nonsense.

We're all pissed off but why slag off a long running record of our history and worse the most recent player on that list who doesn't deserve any such abuse.

Thanks @aliwibble for the update, I'll leave the other updates this month to you as I think this place has already become too toxic and will remain so for a good while.
    Agreed. Edited out the abuse. May Casey go on to be a credit to the Club’s history. 

The point is the list has snowballed and those who have been added largely only belittle the great players that came in the first 110 odd years. 

I suppose history is history, and that’s the role of a club historian to report facts not quality, but it is all so sad and such a shame what has happened. 
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Let’s face it this list should have been stopped some seasons back. Anyone can now get a number and ruin the Club’s history.  
    https://cafcfactsstats.com/heritage-numbers/
  • Options
    Well done Patrick. It's a pity that, like so may of your colleagues recently, events have conspired to make your debut a match that had a less than happy outcome but that's not your fault. Good luck for the rest of your, hopefully successful Charlton career.
  • Options
    V979
    Tyreeq BAKINSON
    13/01/2024 v Peterborough United (H)
    League 1
    Michael Appleton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    V980
    Conor COVENTRY
    13/01/2024 v Peterborough United (H)
    Substitute for Tyreeq Bakinson (76 mins)
    League 1
    Michael Appleton

V981
    Lewis FIORINI
    13/01/2024 v Peterborough United (H)
    Substitute for George Dobson (84 mins)
    League 1
    Michael Appleton
  • Options
    Nice one @aliwibble

Only 19 away from the big bag of sand.

Likely to hit that possibly January 2025 or more likely August 2025
  • Options
    Lewis Fiorini on Saturday became the 60th different player to make his debut for Charlton in the last 2 and a half seasons 

13/60 (21%) have come in on loan 

25/60 (42%) from the Academy. 7 from the 25 have only played in the EFL Trophy

22/60 (37%) Transfer Fees or Free Agents 
  • Options
    Excellent stats @shirty5

How many are still on our books or will be at the end of this window?
  • Options
    V982
    Freddie LADAPO
    20/01/2024 v Burton Albion (A)
    League 1
    Michael Appleton
  • Options
    REG and Macca waiting in the wings too
  • Options
    edited January 20
    V983
    Macaully GILLESPHEY
    20/01/2024 v Burton Albion (A)
    Substitute for Terrel Thomas  (74 minutes)
    League 1
    Michael Appleton

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Lewis Fiorini on Saturday became the 60th different player to make his debut for Charlton in the last 2 and a half seasons 

13/60 (21%) have come in on loan 

25/60 (42%) from the Academy. 7 from the 25 have only played in the EFL Trophy

22/60 (37%) Transfer Fees or Free Agents 
    How many elite?
  • Options
    Lets hope V984 is under a different manager...
  • Options
    edited January 24
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    V984
    Rarmani EDMONDS-GREEN
    23/01/2024 v Northampton Town (H)
    League 1
    Michael Appleton
    (Last debutante under this manager)
  • Options
    Thanks @Henry Irving. What with everything else that went on post match, this totally slipped my mind.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Thanks @Henry Irving. What with everything else that went on post match, this totally slipped my mind.
    Yellow card : - )
  • Options
    So we're hitting 1000 some point next season then?
  • Options
    Not sure if it has been reported before on this thread, but which team do we think has had most Charlton debutants against them? I have crunched the numbers quickly myself so believe I have the answer. Any guesses. 
  • Options
    Jeeeez…Pompey? 
  • Options
    Portsmouth Equal 7th with 19 debutants. The most is 26 debutants according to my calculations.

• Options
    Portsmouth Equal 7th with 19 debutants. The most is 26 debutants according to my calculations.

What a great question.

Middlebrough are the team we've played the 2nd highest amount of games against but I'll guess Millwall
  • Options
    edited January 25
    I'll say trick question and go with Exeter City since we had 11 "debutants" against them in 1921. That must put them pretty close to the top of the list in all the years since?
  • Options
    I'll say trick question and go with Exeter City since we had 11 "debutants" against them in 1921. That must put them pretty close to the top of the list in all the years since?
    Good answer 

Thought a lot had played in previous seasons