Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can anyone explain this? Bit of a mystery ...

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
In the 3blokes' household when the missus announced there was a snail in our upstairs toilet!??
When I looked, there he was halfway up the pan minding his own business.
Now we hadn't been dining on French cuisine, there was no snail trail anywhere round or on the toilet so the question is has anyone got any idea how the little fella got there?
And yes it definitely was a snail, looked like just a normal garden one to me.
Anyone shed any light on this or has it happened to anyone else before?

It's just one continual round of excitement in my house eh:-)

Comments

• Options
    Have you any pets (other than kids)?
  • Options
    i bet she was a bit shell shocked.

boom.
  • Options
    Funnily enough we had something similar a few weeks ago but it was a small frog that made it to the surface. We reckon it got in the system because next door had to have a length of drain replaced around that time. But snails aren't amphyb(x) amphibio(x), can't swim can they? Anyway, Mrs M went into action and sorted it out!
  • Options
    We have a cat and dog but they don't go upstairs.
    We just can't work out how it got there they don't exactly move quickly do they, it can't have worked it's way up through the pipes so how the bloody hell did it get there !
    Maybe it climbed up the walls outside squeezed through the tiny gap in the latched window then leapt 2 foot into the toilet :-)
  • Options
    Don't forget there is no water in the stack pipe on the outside of the house which carries waste water down to the main drain. If it got into this pipe it wouldn't meet any water (provided you didn't send any down i.e you were out for a few hours or during the night) until it got to the actual W.C bowl. Then it would take a deep breath, as per the' Poseidon Adventure', and surface on the other side , inside the bathroom. Adventurous little bugger though!
  • Options
    That's not a bad theory March but all that climbing and holding his breath only to find he had come out in somebody's bog ;-)
    That's how life pans out eh, sometimes you just can't beat the cistern ;-)
  • Options
    Perhaps he just wanted a sh*t?
  • Options
    Sure that Dave didn't bring it in?
  • Options
    Did it follow you home after that Half marathon? ;)
  • Options
    Yes having watched my scintillating turn of speed in that run it may well have concluded that he and I were somehow related ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the bathroom window was open a bird could have dropped it inside and it fell in ?

We had similar issue at work a few weeks ago, with one of the girls shrieking because there was, what looked like a normal earth worm in their toilet bowl ?
  • Options
    What did the slug say to the snail?

Big Issue?
  • Options
    We had a similar incident with a snail in our house...

Followed me about all day...
  • Options
    We used to get a slug go across out kitchen floor at night. I used to put him outside but every so often there would be another one.

Worst of all was when I had been having a late on on the PS3 and went to the kitchen in the dark to get a glass of water and squelched one. Right between my toes. I really hate them and scared the crap out opf my wife when I shouted and tried to wash the little fellas guts off my toes
  • Options
    I get two slugs, every morning it seems on my kitchen floor. Have slug pelleted both outside around any entry points and behind the skirting in the kitchen. The buggers still appear though.

I think they are aliens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Funnily enough we had something similar a few weeks ago but it was a small frog that made it to the surface. We reckon it got in the system because next door had to have a length of drain replaced around that time. But snails aren't amphyb(x) amphibio(x), can't swim can they? Anyway, Mrs M went into action and sorted it out!

Snails are great swimmers but are better on their back that at breast stroke
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I get two slugs, every morning it seems on my kitchen floor. Have slug pelleted both outside around any entry points and behind the skirting in the kitchen. The buggers still appear though.

I think they are aliens.

Salt is what you need, or if you can spare it, beer. They love the smell and make a bee-line straight for it.
  • Options
    There are number of aquatic snails that people keep in home aquariums. They breed like mad, if someone near you has a tank that has got overrun, they may well have flushed some to get rid of them. Your one might have been a pioneering aquatic snail!
  • Options
    I think it was tap dancing and fell off!

I'll get me anorak,
  • Options
    No sign of any other snails slugs frogs or worms in the 3B khazi ;-)
    The Bog Eyed Snail remains a mystery....like the Marie Celeste....and Derek Acorah....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Perhaps he just wanted a sh*t?

Im going with this. Seems like the only possible answer.
  • Options
    I reckon he must have come up the pipe somehow during the night. That is the only possible explanation I can think of. What a let down for him after all that work. :-(
  • Options
    Found a turtles head peering up at me when i looked in the bog the other day!