Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford River Crossing!!

edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
Seems like the Dartford River Crossing may well be 'up for grabs' in the government sell off.
£2.00 by the end of 2010 anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Thank God for the deal I am on as a Dartford ressy. I pay 20p a shot, and as I travel every day it saves me a packet. Is is an urban myth that to get out of legislation ending the "toll" after the bridge had been paid off the government redefined the defenition of "toll".
  • Options
    It should be £2 to get from Essex into Kent but nothing the other way.
  • Options
    Should be free full stop ! The congestion is a disgrace, took an hour yesterday to travel from Brentwood to Dartford, just 15 miles !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]It should be £2 to get from Essex into Kent but nothing the other way.

The other way round.

Particuarly after my trip to lakeside yesterday afternoon.
  • Options
    Alwasy said that once it was paid off for the second tunnel it would be free! Yeah right. So by the time a large chunk of it is paid off and it is now turning a profit we sell it! Yeah right reckon that will be value for money going National Auditors do your biased worst.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Seems like the Dartford River Crossing may well be 'up for grabs' in the government sell off.
    Should have built a bridge...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Seems like theDartford River Crossingmay well be 'up for grabs' in the government sell off.
    Should have built a bridge...

?
  • Options
    Can't believe anyone wants to go to Essex anyway!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Can't believe anyone wants to go to Essex anyway!

And pay two quid for the privilege!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    £2? And the rest. You'll be looking at a fiver by the time 2015 rolls around
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The toll should be abolished, all this bollocks about congestion charging is undone by this. The poxy toll is stacked every single day at hometime and that racks up 3 junctions back on the M25. When the power was down in Dartford it was clear as a bell.

The whole project was paid for long ago and as much as I liked flying up the toll section of the M6 that particular bit og the M25 should not have a obstruction like that
  • Options
    I reckon they should blow it all up and stop you lot getting over, your worse than they refugees waiting in France to get into England. Stay where you are and leave our lovely county alone ;-)
  • Options
    The Dartford sale can only happen if it is part of the Charlton Athletic takeover. FACT.
  • Options
    Uncle, though I hate to admit it I think you are right about your county, you can tell it must be nicer than Kent as on the Essex stretch of the M25 there are always plenty of holiday camps full of contented caravaning holidaymakers.

I am surprised jills get called pikeys, has no one been to Essex?
  • Options
    There is a reason the booths are where they are.
    The essex lot pay a quid fifty to come into The Garden, and then on the way home give us another quid fifty to say thank you.
  • Options
    It's run by French company Le Crossing, I assumed they bought and owned it years ago, seems not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]It's run by French company Le Crossing, I assumed they bought and owned it years ago, seems not.

No doubt they soon will!!
  • Options
    I imagine Le Crossing simply have a contract to run the crossing on behalf of the UK government. We should be able to sue the government, we have a verbal contract that once the crossing was paid for the charges would stop. Maybe we can start a class action against the government, everybody who has used the crossing since it was paid for could join the class action and all get a bit of compo :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]Uncle, though I hate to admit it I think you are right about your county, you can tell it must be nicer than Kent as on the Essex stretch of the M25 there are always plenty of holiday camps full of contented caravaning holidaymakers.

I am surprised jills get called pikeys, has no one been to Essex?
    Gillingham is where all the Essex pikeys retire to....
  • Options
    I think we've been here before but yes, a consortium of three companies formed 'Le Crossing' to manage the whole thing and they receive a fee for operational and maintenance costs, the rest of the money going to the Highways Agency. The Highways Act of 2000 decreed that all charges should go to traffic improvement works (nationwide, not just the crossing) and changed the structure of the agreement in order that charging would continue, i.e it is a charge not a toll.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]I think we've been here before but yes, a consortium of three companies formed 'Le Crossing' to manage the whole thing and they receive a fee for operational and maintenance costs, the rest of the money going to the Highways Agency. The Highways Act of 2000 decreed that all charges should go to traffic improvement works (nationwide, not just the crossing) and changed the structure of the agreement in order that charging would continue, i.e it is a charge not a toll.

Oh that makes me feel a whole lot better knowing I'm paying a charge as opposed to a toll.
  • Options
    Sorry Soundas, the toll would have finished once everything had been paid for but in effect the Government nationalised it so that that wouldn't happen. It's just another stealth tax really.