Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

referees-tv deal

with all the money pumped into football in recent years and the biggest tv deal approaching next season. isn't it about time that officials (that are now well paid professionals) should be contracted as part of the tv deal to give interviews to sky after games.
i think it is compulsory for managers to do so and they are often asked probing/difficult questions.
it was continually debated about the need for full-time professional referees at premiership level and (imo) the 'post match interview' should be written into their contracts.
still saying that, there would've been a queue at curry's in charlton this morning to replace smashed tv sets if poll & co had tried to defend that last night.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it's compulsory for managers.... Reed certainly didn't do an interview after the Boro game....

Or are you just referring to live Sky games?
  • Options
    the fact that their ego's are big enough with the limited air time is bad enough...............give them anymore & they'll be far far worse

Poll should have been demoted to the CCL2 after the World Cup for his appalling performance there, the fact he's still officiating Prem games is a disgrace!!!!
  • Options
    The way people still say he's the best ref in the country narks me as well, there are better in the Premiership, Mike Dean, Phil Dowd and Alan Wiley do a better job, Howard Webb is good as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I don't think it's compulsory for managers.... Reed certainly didn't do an interview after the Boro game....

Or are you just referring to live Sky games?

i'm pretty sure (not 100%) that the managers must give an interview to sky at all prem games.
    they don't have to for bbc hence the boycotts from redknapp, allardyce etc and carlos queiros (sp) usually does motd.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I don't think it's compulsory for managers.... Reed certainly didn't do an interview after the Boro game....

It is compulsory for someone from the management team to do TV afterwards - that's why the BBC still gets Carlos Quieroz at Man Utd, even though Taggart's still got the hump with them.

Uncle Les did do Boro interviews but didn't after Wycombe.
  • Options
    It is compulsory for someone from the management team to do TV afterwards - that's why the BBC still gets Carlos Quieroz at Man Utd, even though Taggart's still got the hump with them.

doesn't ferguson do the sky interviews though?
  • Options
    Howard Webb/ Alan Wiley hmmmmm

One sent Murphy off against Arsenal the other never sent Van Persie off -

All refs make mistakes it is how they react after them that makes them stand out.

To be fair to Poll no one can blame him for the decision last night he just went by his linesman. BUT get your point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arfur[/cite]Howard Webb/ Alan Wiley hmmmmm

One sent Murphy off against Arsenal the other never sent Van Persie off -

All refs make mistakes it is how they react after them that makes them stand out.

To be fair to Poll no one can blame him for the decision last night he just went by his linesman. BUT get your point.

eh? how do you work that out? Pard's could see the decision was wrong & he was further away than Poll. If Poll had been doing his job properly he would have seen it was a wrong decision & over ruled it!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm sorry but Pards is being a bit clever there. He has a monitor in his dug out. Pardew is just stoking the fire.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]

doesn't ferguson do the sky interviews though?

Yep. Fergie's refused to speak to the BBC since they aired a documentary about his son, a football agent. So he sends Quieroz to do the BBC interviews, and speaks to Sky himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nah, don't buy that sorry.
    it maybe because I'm a) bias b) still angry but Poll should have seen it.............most of the spectators in the East, North, West stands saw it & he was far closer than any of us (bar those in the east, who I have great respect for staying in their seats!!!!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arfur[/cite]

but it was poll who allowed the free kick to be taken a good 10 yards from the incident, where he had (imo) been particular about that sort of thing for the previous 93 mins.
  • Options
    Still no excuse for letting Brown take it 15 yards away from where it should have been taken or not noticing the foul on JFH