Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Annual Fundraiser for Royal British Legion - Sat 31st October - Cons Club

DA9DA9
edited October 2009 in Not Sports Related
Our annual fundraiser for the Royal British Legion, is once again in the downstairs hall of the Conservative Club, Saturday 31st October, 19:30 - Late.

This year, we are also incorporating the Help For Heroes campaign, and hopefully we will have some members from the Abbey Wood & Thamesmead RBL in attendance again, those of you who attended last year will remember how moving their speech was, and well received they were.

There will be raffles on the night, including signed Charlton Ball & Shirt, Signed Sugar Ray Leonard boxing glove, and also a fantastic prize of tickets from a company who are supporting us, for either the Carling Cup Final or a Play Off Final of your choice.

Tickets are £10 each, and once again, this is all being held in the memory of Duncan Frame & Peter Stanlick (RIP), and ALL proceeds will be split between the RBL & HFH.

I will be around on Saturday, those of you that know me, please come and see me if you want tickets, please help support this worthy cause.

Comments

• Options
    Good work Sir.

Can I just add that if you can't make the event above like me, you can donate on line here -> http://www.poppy.org.uk/
  • Options
    over £800 last year mate wasnt it ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]over £800 last year mate wasnt it ?

Just over £900 I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Good work Sir.

Can I just add that if you can't make the event above like me, you can donate on line here ->http://www.poppy.org.uk/

Good call Stone, rememberance Sunday is fast approaching.
    I am a member of a local Legion club, and have volunteered a couple of days this year to sell poppy's locally, anyone else interested in doing so can volunteer via the RBL website.

Volunteers
  • Options
    Hope its a good turn out for a great cause

I will be away that weekend so wont be able to make it

Good luck
  • Options
    E, as you know, we (The George Boys & Girls) do what we can for the Hero's and others that have served us.
    Also, as you know, we can't be in the Con Club on the 31st, but will pass on some "pennies" through others to support the evening.
    Hope its a "good 'un !".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]E, as you know, we (The George Boys & Girls) do what we can for the Hero's and others that have served us.
    Also, as you know, we can't be in the Con Club on the 31st, but will pass on some "pennies" through others to support the evening.
    Hope its a "good 'un !".

Cheers P, all appreciated.

Had confirmation that some of the Members, wives & family of Thamesmead & Abbey Wood RBL will be in attendance.
    Also, the raffle for the football tickets has been confirmed, it will be for a pair of tickets for either the Carling Cup Final, either of the FA Cup Semi Finals, or a Play Off Final of your choice, £5 entry. And we are now in possesion of a signed Charlton shirt and football (many thanks to John Little and the 1st team squad) which will either be raffled or auctioneed on the night.
  • Options
    I'll be in Carlisle / Edinburgh mate but I have given Vale some money to get some raffle tickets (£15)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: FTP[/cite]I'll be in Carlisle / Edinburgh mate but I have given Vale some money to get some raffle tickets (£15)

Good effort
  • Options
    Bump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alright E

Are Kids a tenner aswell?

Cheers mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Alright E

Cheers mate

Males over 18 £10, Women over 18 £5, kids free.
  • Options
    Cheers fella
  • Options
    FTPFTP
    edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]Alright E

Cheers mate

Males over 18 £10, Women over 18 £5, kids free.
    That's not just sexist but ageist
  • Options
    bump

Curb-It / Tavern as you two fine people are locals are you gona say hello on the night ? and meant to ask what was the food like in the Fox under the Hill ? my local but never eaten in there .
  • Options
    Da9 will confirm the details but just to say a huge thank you to him and "The Northerner" for seting this up again. I hear that not only was £900 raised for the British Legion but £900 was also raised for Help the Heros -------------- truely great effort.
  • Options
    We handed over £950 to the RBL, and it looks like it will be over £1k+ for H4H once counting and a few more things are sold, which leads me too the MK Dons game, we will be raffling off a signed Charlton ball at the Cons (and maybe the Lib)

Thanks to all that supported it and all those that helped it run smoothly on the night.