Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

South Park

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]I think the censorship was all part of the programme. They don't want you to think that so it just adds to the controversy.

If that was the case, why would they not show repeats, or refuse to show it abroad or online?
    Statement
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]
    As for Family Guy being better than The Simpsons or South Park, the person who wrote that is sorely misguided.;-)
    Family Guy is a pale sham of The Simpsons(El Plagiarismo), & only survives today, due to the fact it resorted to the 'adult humour', perpetuated by the likes of South Park, after it was initially aborted.(After it's slightly more 'family friendly', 1st series orientation).

Family Guy was excellent for 3-4 seasons but has tailed off horribly.

Conversely, I would say South Park took several seasons to find its feet and wasn't at its best till around season 5 or so. It used to get by with the novelty of kids swearing and Kenny dying all the time etc. but has morphed into a genuinely brilliant satire.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The South Park episode on "Mohammed" caused a huge stir in the US, largely aimed at the gutless execs at Viacom who bottled out on the most cherished freedon of all: Free Speech.

Watch the link below for US comedian/talk-show host Bill Maher's take on the situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39d1fHRHrM4&feature=player_embedded

A little broad-brushed but his main point is inarguable, in my view.
  • Options
    That Cripple Camp episode was one of the worst in years. Towlie really is a dreadful character. After the balls episode I thought this series has really tailed off in attempts to shock.

For anyone that liked the Bono episode check out the King of Kong, a jaw dropping documentary (on which it was based), in which an ordinary joe attempts to beat a horrific cheat's Donkey Kong world record.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]
    As for Family Guy being better than The Simpsons or South Park, the person who wrote that is sorely misguided.;-)
    Family Guy is a pale sham of The Simpsons(El Plagiarismo), & only survives today, due to the fact it resorted to the 'adult humour', perpetuated by the likes of South Park, after it was initially aborted.(After it's slightly more 'family friendly', 1st series orientation).

Family Guy was excellent for 3-4 seasons but has tailed off horribly.

Conversely, I would say South Park took several seasons to find its feet and wasn't at its best till around season 5 or so. It used to get by with the novelty of kids swearing and Kenny dying all the time etc. but has morphed into a genuinely brilliant satire.

Family Guy has got better imo. The early series weren't great, but now Stewie has turned camp from evil, they have vastly improved.
  • Options
    The best episodes of the series have got to be 0 Friends or the one where the KFC gets turnt a Weed store!
  • Options
    My favourite all time Southpark moment is in the 'Eat, Pray, Queef' episode where the woman does the Road Warrior, Absolutely hilarious!!!
  • Options
    Scott Tenamen (SP) must die was the best episode by far! The thing with South Park is you can get a great episode one week than a poor one the next week.

The whole idea of towely was that he's a bad character. Matt & Trey were fed up with the excessive South Park merchandising so created the worst character ever. It may be why they're not to worried about the amount of live steams available on the internet, they make cartoons for people to enjoy not for money, which they now have enough of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Scott Tenamen (SP) must die was the best episode by far! The thing with South Park is you can get a great episode one week than apoorone the next week.

The whole idea of towely was that he's a bad character. Matt & Trey were fed up with the excessive South Park merchandising so created the worst character ever. It may be why they're not to worried about the amount of live steams available on the internet, they make cartoons for people to enjoy not for money, which they now have enough of.

I love Towliee! He's a great character, not boring and adds more variety to write about for the makers.
  • Options
    Can I strongly recommend this (docu) film, showing on Sky this weekend King of Kong.

It's a jaw dropping account of vintage video games geeks shamelessly cheating to keep their boy as Donkey Kong record holder while a down trodden failure-at-life battles to overcome their shameless manipulation and establish the record. It sounds mundane, but it's actually fascinating to watch seemingly rational people stooping to ludicrous shenanigans to preserve a 20 year record. Weirdly one of the best films I've seen this year.

As to why I've posted it on the South Park thread: the film inspired one of my favourite episodes More Crap in which Bono, with the weight of the European Fecal Standards and Measurements Institure (EFSMI) behind him, attempts to cheat our favourite everyman Randy out of his hard earned world shitting record.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cripple camp and towelie made me shake with laughter, very, very wrong but that's what South Park does best
  • Options
    Best thing on tele EVER, triple bill is helping my drunkess... ManBearPig episode...
  • Options
    Anyone have a link for the new post COVID ep?

It's no longer on comedy Central.

Paramount + in America. Don't know how to find it over here.

I wouldn't mind paying for it if it was available on prime.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Kiss cartoon has it 
  • Options
    South Park Season 24 is available on Amazon Prime in the UK, the menu reads Buy Episode 1/2 of Season 24 for £2-49 each.
  • Options
    I’m told that you can access Paramount+ from anywhere with a US VPN and buying an annual voucher from MyGiftCardSupply for ~£80. They have champions league rights, with some ‘interesting’ post match chat from the likes of Micah Richards and Carragher. 

I wasn’t too sure what to make of this South Park episode though, it’s certainly not as easily enjoyed as the last 2 - not helped by the fact that it kept setting off Alexa in my house 😂
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Kiss cartoon has it 

👍👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

Kiss cartoon has it 

👍👍
    If you struggle finding it then I’ll DM a link 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

Kiss cartoon has it 

👍👍

Yes please.

My laptop says it can't be streamed?

Quite strange how secretive it is. Can't watch it/find it anywhere.

Wouldn't mind paying a few quid for it.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

Kiss cartoon has it 

👍👍

Yes please.

My laptop says it can't be streamed?

Quite strange how secretive it is. Can't watch it/find it anywhere.

Wouldn't mind paying a few quid for it.
    Yeah Paramount+ are pretty good at removing streams, the one I suggested has since been removed. 

Just sent another one via DM.