Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What a Great Version Of Wild Horses

Thought it was Kate Bush singing. Then found out it was Susan Boyle. For whatever reason that took the shine off it but still can't knock her interpretation of the Stones classic.

Comments

• Options
    link?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]link?

Sorry haven't got one - have heard it a couple of times on the Radio. Must be her new single.
  • Options
    OK, not on spotify yet but the Stones version is (still the best) plus the decent Flying Burrito Brothers cover
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bloody awful if you ask me. She can sing certain songs but it's a crap warbling stage voice; when I say crap I don't mean shite just grating. And the phrasing of the words, alied with the mawkishness...... Wild Horses is a bitter, angry, sad song. Boyle ruins everything about it. I bet if she sung Bitch from Sticky Fingers she'd turn it into the same mawkish, elongated bore of an elegy.

But she can sing, just leave her on the Elaine Page singalike circuit.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2009
    Just for you Henry

Wild Horses
  • Options
    Great voice technically but when was she going to start singing the song?

Insipid. As Colin say "Wild Horses is a bitter, angry, sad song. Boyle ruins everything about it. "
  • Options
    I like it.
  • Options
    don't know The Stones version but I assume this isn't the same Wild Horses by Natascha Bedingfield ??
  • Options
    no, different song
  • Options
    I'm sure Messrs Richard(s) & Jagger love it too - could be there biggest hit in years ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I'm sure Messrs Richard(s) & Jagger love it too - could be there biggest hit in years ;-)

Better song than anything they've written in donkey's.

Not that either will be short of a bob or two.
  • Options
    It's greener pastures I'm thinking about... hmmmmm....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]no, different song

I'm impressed though that you know the Natascha Bedingfield song, I'd always thought you had no taste ;-))
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I'm sure Messrs Richard(s) & Jagger love it too - could be there biggest hit in years ;-)

Better song than anything they've written in donkey's.

Not that either will be short of a bob or two.

lol - on my Itunes "What Have They Done To my Song Ma?" has just come on!

Now there's a song I'm sure Su Bo could do justice to.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]no, different song

I'm impressed though that you know the Natascha Bedingfield song, I'd always thought you had no taste ;-))

I didn't (know the NB song that is, I do have taste) but it was on spotify so I listened to it to see if it was the Stones song.

I could never carry off a wedge and baggies so couldn't be a soul boy so went for reggae instead ; - )
  • Options
    It could be by anybody, a good voice but as mentioned above ruins what the song is all about. Will also mean that people who did not know the song will now think this is superior.

This was posted on the forum under the youtube song I listened to. Whats it all about, have I missed something. Posters on forum, what a sad lonely lot they are.

"Susan is a courageous woman
    A blessing from above,
    She looks like an Angel
    And is filled with Gods love.
    She has the talent and the gift
    To make her dreams come true,
    And the voice of a Angel
    She wants to share with you.
    Susan is quite young and single
    God has made her that way,
    She lives alone with her cat, Pebbles
    And treasures her everyday.
    So when you hear Susan sing
    With her voice reaching the skies,
    Just say a little prayer for her
    Till tears fill your eyes"
  • Options
    Jagger writes good lyrics sometimes. Quite an inspired choice for her really. You could imagine her boring us all with 'As tears go by', or something like that. Not a bad voice IMO.
  • Options
    To be fair, it's such a great song. Not entirely sure I like this version for the reasons others have given, but at least she hasn't murdered it.
  • Options
    If you wan't to hear a decent Stones cover, I can recommend Nash the Slash's 19th Nervous Breakdown.