Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Great Gesture By Rangers FC

2»

Comments

• Well then lets hope it's the first of many.
  • But then you went down the well worn path of remembrance day and minutes applause etc

What Rangers have done is highly commendable. Why not just leave it at correcting JT rather than trotting out the same old point scoring which is what perhaps BFR was hinting at albeit in a most stupid and, to our soldiers, insulting way.
  • Agreed!
  • I've never noticed poppy sellers outside the valley at home games ? That would be a starter for 10. (Or have I missed them ?)
  • Apologies.

I have no feelings for either, shouldn't have joked.
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]I've never noticed poppy sellers outside the valley at home games ? That would be a starter for 10. (Or have I missed them ?)

Been selling poppies from cafc reception for years.

Sellers outside are down to the British Legion. You can offer to be a volunteer if you like PL
  • Good Shout - as long as I only have to sell them in pubs in the 3 hours before KO.
  • edited October 2009
    My brother left for his second tour of Afghanistan today leaving his wife and three young kids at home for the next 6 months worrying if daddy will come home in one piece. Good to see the army get more public support lately, but you still get a few like BFR who see our army as imperialistic 19th century crusaders and can't bring themselves to support them. I would like to see you with the same attitude to their faces.

This post was self edited to remove the swearing, threats and general abuse it originally contained, slow deep breaths were required.
  • All respect to your Brother SD.
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]My brother left for his second tour of Afghanistan today leaving his wife and three young kids at home for the next 6 months worrying if daddy will come home in one piece. Good to see the army get more public support lately, but you still get a few like BFR who see our army as imperialistic 19th century crusaders and can't bring themselves to support them. I would like to see you with the same attitude to their faces.

This post was self edited to remove the swearing, threats and general abuse it originally contained, slow deep breaths were required.

I salute one and all.
    May your brother and all others come home safely to their loved ones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck to your brother, I hope he is safe.

My son has just been accepted into The Royal Engineers so he will undoubtedly be going out there some time next year. May God protect all our heroes.
  • Blue army....
  • Well done rangers or celtic if they have done the same thing.

How is BFR not banned?

Ridiculous
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Well done rangers or celtic if they have done the same thing.

How is BFR not banned?

Ridiculous

BFR's post was not disrespecting the soldiers.

He was simply commenting that the obvious pro-Rangers nature of the post was simply going to lead to yet another childish Rangers/Celtic sectarian wankfest.

If people on here want to spend their time posting about Rangers/Celtic and all the sectarian bullshit that goes with it then I wish they would do so on one of the dozens of Rangers/Celtic hate sites that are set up for that very purpose.
  • This entire thread is absolutely pathetic - start to finish. All of it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]This entire thread is absolutely pathetic - start to finish. All of it.

Particularly posts number 46 & 47!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]This entire thread is absolutely pathetic - start to finish. All of it.

Particularly posts number 46 & 47!
    You're having a laugh - they're the only two posts worth reading! :o)

Got the new Paradise Lost yet?
  • Hope you are right Ormiston, that it was a zzzzzz against the start of a rangers Celtic abuse thread. As the son of Irish catholic parents I went to a catholic school but since going to romania to watch them play with a mate have supported rangers. I find it a bit tiresome too. But if you don't like a thread then leave it alone, BFR just wanted to start a row, he should of left it, especially where a subject with our troops is concerned.
  • I suspect that had someone who sits on the celtic side of the fence in Scotland (Henry for example) posted something similar that celtic had initiated, then BFR would not have commented at all.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Well done rangers or celtic if they have done the same thing.

How is BFR not banned?

Ridiculous

Get over yourself.

Predictably the thread descended into Rangers vs Celtic point scoring, that was the point I was making...there are other forums for discussing the Old Firm rivalry that don't involve a Charlton site...