Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO Dylan Fans: Danny Baker playing his new Xmas album on 94.9

Brilliant stuff.

Best since Blood on the Tracks IMHO

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Hope you are being funny there Henry i herd 2 tracks off this yesterday and the guy who helped write a book about Mr Zimmerman said "worst Xmas record, worst Dylan record -----------EVER". He thinks it is so bad that people will buy it just to say they have it intheir collection. Me i thought it was stuningly bad his voice on the 2 i herd sounded like it was either rebreaking or he had lost it altogether.
  • Options
    Must say it's not my idea of a good Dylan album ... Come all ye faithful, Hark the herald angels sing, have yourself a merry little christmas etc ... nope, don't work for me at all.
  • Options
    got to be better than anything he's done for the last 30 years
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]got to be better than anything he's done for the last 30 years

Personally think it's awful and you're probably still right :-)
  • Options
    well it shouldn't be too hard to beat most of what he has recorded for the last 35 years ... but still didn't manage it.
  • Options
    odd choice of material and what i heard sounded bloody awful, waste of time money and 'vynl'
  • Options
    The Forum needs tidying up. Too much non-football stuff, too much contraversial topics, too many people looking to get a rise out of others, or indulge in petty pointscoring, and too many people not showing respect to other users, or the ethos of the site.
  • Options
    I thought it was funny.

I won't be buying it mind.
  • Options
    great word ethos. There is a staute of ethos in Piccadily Sq.
  • Options
    Listened to this coming back from Hastings...........
    What a pile of poo.

(Dylan, not Baker).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to listen to it......
    Dylan is one of the few artists that I would bother with, although a fellow fan of Dylan 'groaned' when I spoke to him about it.

Always thought that Dylan was the 'marmite' of the rock world..........
  • Options
    Good grief, a Dylan xmas album.Dear.God.No.Really?
    I thought somebody was having a laugh.
    What a cringeworthy thought. It's wrong on every level.
    I don't think I could bring myself to listen to it.
    Donovan should go public - "Who's the w*nker now?"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Good grief, a Dylan xmas album.Dear.God.No.Really?
    I thought somebody was having a laugh.
    What a cringeworthy thought. It's wrong on every level.
    I don't think I could bring myself to listen to it.
    Donovan should go public - "Who's the w*nker now?"

TBF I think he did it for charidee.
  • Options
    Well I listened to it, but I kept smiling .......
    '
    I have to say I thought it was some sort of 'ironic comment on Christmas' but I feel his 'bobness' is playing it straight.....

or as straight as he knows. One of the to tracks work, but some of the others are as a Dylan fan of mine commented really sound bizzare.

reminded me of hendrix doing little drummer boy/ silent night..... etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZPctFNUj0
    although he was doing this as a warm up in the studio, but hardly his finest moment!.......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYbGVi9sMZw.......

Come back Roy Wood...... a cry I never thought I would utter.......There was also that dreadful crap Bowie did with Bing Crosby......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zMhSjDqvRs...... the return of the thin white duke afraid not!. And did Greg Lake not climb on the bandwagon with some sloppy nonsense one year!. probably Jim Davidson's favourite Christmas song......

The times they are a changing........obviously nothing to comment on at present Bobby......., Global warming, wars, poverty, political crisis on every corner just as a starter eh Bob!
  • Options
    Well I like it - and all proceeds in the UK go to Crisis. My kids had better get used to the idea that they'll be opening their presents this year with Dylan growling in the background.