Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John & Edward/X Factor

Comments

• Options
    So where did they dig up Mike Read from?
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    i tend to watch the latter stages as one or two can generally knock out a song(someone elses of course). Still loved it when they made the big thing of all parts of the UK being represented but then didnt mention ENGLAND !

I cant believe a people who can knock out a tune and do have a rich oral tradition ( Oreland) can be voting for those two freaks------ Jesus /Mary+ Joseph !!!! burning is far two good and would be far more entertaining.

Cherl is a babe but destroyed by geting into it with that lumpOfShit Ashley Cole the word WA**ER has to be through him like a stick of Blackpool rock.

Lewie Walsh ---- if they wheeled out a bottle of Guinnes and a lump of Irish peat he would put it through.
  • Options
    The irish lads are still in it because of thousands of people voting ironicly
  • Options
    John and Edward are alright and after this show, I assure you that you will see more of them if you have kids! Sure they will be picked up by nickelodeon or what not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]John and Edward are alright and after this show, I assure you that you will see more of them if you have kids! Sure they will be picked up by nickelodeon or what not.

I said that to ifey at the weekend - the longer they are on the show the longer they will be in the public eye - probably for years
  • Options
    I cannot believe so many of you watch this garbage. I am truly shocked.

I comment because I think this type of thing is really a great example of dumbing down and turning the masses into drones.

There is plenty else to watch other than Strictly Come Dancing, for those of you using that as an excuse.
  • Options
    Its a public vote, so dont know why Cheryl is getting the hump that the twins are getting through ahead of other acts.
    If thats a problem just let the judges choose each week and dump the money grabbing part the public opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I cannot believe so many of you watch this garbage. I am truly shocked.

I comment because I think this type of thing is really a great example of dumbing down and turning the masses into drones.

There is plenty else to watch other than Strictly Come Dancing, for those of you using that as an excuse.

its called entertainment. It makes people laugh - whats wrong with that?
  • Options
    awful show,banned at mine the children watch the history channel instead with me.
  • Options
    Apparently Nolly, it was very exciting on Saturday because someone who's claims to fame are looking good, being married to a loathsome footballer, and masquerading as a singer in a "band" had to sing! What next? A dancer having to dance? I can hardly wait. All this inane, pre-determined nonsense is nicely summed up by Ben Elton in Chart Throb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think that was sunday, paddy. get it right.
  • Options
    I like it, and don't really care what anyone says.

I know it is a dumbed down tv show, I know it isn't a talent contest, i know it is hugely storyboarded, i know that some of the best singers don't even get to the live shows, i know that John and Edward are there purely to generate press interest (same as John Sargent / Fiona Phillips / Kate Garraway on the Dancing), i know the verbal sparring between the 'mentors' is a pile of poop, i know everyone has been on 'an amazing journey' etc etc

But i don't care. It is LIGHT ENTERTAINMENT with emphasis on the word light. I work long hours and don't watch much telly. I get in on a saturday night and want to watch something tacky and entertaining whilst suffering from eating too big a dinner, and this works a treat.
  • Options
    Suzi - see my second sentence for the answer to your question.
  • Options
    And i dont see why people should feel they have to justify their viewing habits. dearie me.
  • Options
    Its entertainment -- some hate it-- some like it. Thank f**k we dont all like the same thing.

Opertunity Knocks and a host of others have been about almost since TV became mass media.
  • Options
    Apparently Sundays show got record viewing figures of over 14m, so i think it's here to stay.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]Apparently Nolly, it was very exciting on Saturday because someone who's claims to fame are looking good, being married to a loathsome footballer, and masquerading as a singer in a "band" had to sing! What next? A dancer having to dance? I can hardly wait. All this inane, pre-determined nonsense is nicely summed up by Ben Elton in Chart Throb.

Jesus, get over yourself. Give me X Factor over Ben Elton any day. Is he still going? I thought he disappeared up his own a*se years ago.
  • Options
    Ben Elton complete gobby tosspot FACT

X Factor the bollox FACT

if you dont like it dont watch it if you think its shite dont read the thread simples really
  • Options
    There was a guy on Opertunity Knocks who won it for weeks and weeks that his muscles move in time to music-- the same music week after week !
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8352223.stm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ho ho ho ho

Smudge is right, take it for what it is! At the end of the day Cowell did not kick the girl off he just put her to the publics vote. Which it would appear was more considerable for the two Irish lads (I watched for the first time Sunday and really did not know what to make of their dancing and errrr singing)

The only thing that aggravates me is how it is the same thing each year just with different names attached to the contestants and I would of thought people would of got sick of that now but what do I know!
  • Options
    wat a annoying result on sunday for two reasons for me:
    firstly my favourate and the fittest bird on the show went(shallow i know)
    secondy, usually think simon cowell is quality and agree with what he says but this week he was very hypocritical how can he say how bad jedward actually are and they should not be in the competition and then gets the chance to boot them and he doesnt!
    funny thing on itv2 he said that he still expected them to go by deadlock, but as he gave them the 50/50 chance they didnt so we have to watch them for another week. suggestions are he put to public as will get more money for votes next week which could be true, also could be to save his own acts? but who knows other then simon cowell

now Jamie T to win for me, if not Olly would be worthy but who knows is it a fix??? again who knows lol :-)
  • Options
    I wonder if he knows what the public have voted for when he lets it go to the vote. Lets face it i know why my Girlfriend and housemate tune in. People like a freak show and Jedwood keep peolple watching.
  • Options
    You are all nuts ;o )
  • Options
    If you dont vote, your opinion doesnt matter.
    At the end of the day she was one of the 2 least favourite acts with the public.

Just like if you dont vote in elections - dont complain about who gets elected.
  • Options
    Jedward are being groomed as the next Ant and Dec

Sad but true - they are likely to get careers on kids TV or something
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]If you dont vote, your opinion doesnt matter.
    At the end of the day she was one of the 2 least favourite acts with the public.

Nail on head. If those 4,000 odd people who have made "compaints" to OFCOM spent as much energy picking up the phone and dialing Lucy's number then she might still be there next week.

IMHO, it should go to the public vote every time.
  • Options
    I don't think people are necessarily bothered that it was Lucie who got voted off, the problem is that Cowell always states that this is a singing competition yet he chose to put 'Jedward' through when they are clearly inferior singers and he's slagged them off every week.
  • Options

lol i was bothered bout lucie going, but didnt vote so fair point really :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]

Nail on head. If those 4,000 odd people who have made "compaints" to OFCOM spent as much energy picking up the phone and dialing Lucy's number then she might still be there next week.

IMHO, it should go to the public vote every time.

They cant apparently, as part of the settlement when Simon Fuller sued them for infringing the format of Pop Idol, was that one of the agreed differences was the elimiantion process was different for Pop Idol which is straight public vote.